Tom Lehrer's Limited Time Offer

General music and other artist discussions.
rtbcIII

Tom Lehrer's Limited Time Offer

Post by rtbcIII »

An unparalleled holiday offering from one of America's greatest songwriters,
including downloads of sheet music, songs, albums and a box set.

===================================================

DISCLAIMER STATEMENT

I, Tom Lehrer, and the Tom Lehrer Trust 2007, hereby grant the following permissions:

All copyrights to lyrics or music written or composed by me have been relinquished, and therefore such songs are now in the public domain. All of my songs that have never been copyrighted, having been available for free for so long, are now also in the public domain.

The latter includes all lyrics which I have written to music by others, although the music to such parodies, if copyrighted by their composers, are of course not included without permission of their copyright owners. The translated songs on this website may be found on YouTube in their original languages.

Performing and recording rights to all of my songs are included in this permission. Translation rights are also included.

In particular, permission is hereby granted to anyone to set any of these lyrics to their own music, or to set any of this music to their own lyrics, and to publish or perform their parodies or distortions of these songs without payment or fear of legal action.

Some recording, movie, and television rights to songs written by me are merely licensed non-exclusively by me to recording, movie, or TV companies. All such rights are now released herewith and therefore do not require any permission from me or from Maelstrom Music, which is merely me in another hat, nor from the recording, movie, or TV companies involved.

In short, I no longer retain any rights to any of my songs.

So help yourselves, and don’t send me any money.

https://tomlehrersongs.com/

NOTICE:

THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AT SOME DATE IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, SO IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING, DON’T WAIT TOO LONG.

Tom Lehrer
November 1, 2022
Mrbeatleg

Re: Tom Lehrer's Limited Time Offer

Post by Mrbeatleg »

THIS POST SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, IT'S NOT BEATLES RELATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I, for one, was glad to be alerted that Tom Lehrer was giving away his entire catalogue of recorded works for free. I consider this post a public service.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:44 am THIS POST SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, IT'S NOT BEATLES RELATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!
There's nothing forbidden about linking to a non Beatles website.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

Some artists sold their music, after getting older, & I think they get Royalties, up until they pass away

Maybe that's why :?:
jpa

Post by jpa »

Many thanks!
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:44 am THIS POST SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, IT'S NOT BEATLES RELATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!
Dear Mr. Cranky Volunteer Policeman,

Have non-Beatles posts *actually* been banned at the, uh, "Other Artists" forum?

Or have you merely slipped, fallen in the eggnog and imbibed a couple quarts while clamboring out?

Asking for a confused friend.

Cheers!
RT
A_Laakso

Post by A_Laakso »

Is there no connection between them(direct or indiret) or reference to him by the beatle? Just wondering.
Grackleflint

Post by Grackleflint »

Always have been a fan of Lehrer, I knew he had given up the rights to the songs, but didn't know about the downloads. I've got all his stuff, but that site is a good place to be introduced to him.