Mono Monkees albums

General music and other artist discussions.
Lord Reith

Mono Monkees albums

Post by Lord Reith »

Ages ago I grabbed the Ebbetts versions of the first two albums in mono. Today i listened to them and they are fold downs of the stereo mixes, very very different from the mono album mixes I have already.

So was the true mono mix only released in some countries?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
dascottjr

Re: Mono Monkees albums

Post by dascottjr »

Countries outside of the U.S. most certainly had fold-down mono, which I'm not sure Dr. E. was aware of at the time.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Th Rhino album The Monkees - The Monkees (2014, Super Deluxe Edition, 3xCD Box Set) has the mono edition on CD1. Can't promise it is not a fold-down though.

Same for The Monkees - More of The Monkees (Super Deluxe Edition) (2017)
Yves
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

The "Headquarters Sessions" set has the mono album masters on Disc 3, "Pisces Aquarius" SDE mono album is on Disc 2, much of Disc 2 of "Head" SDE is mono, Disc 2 of "Instant Replay" SDE is mono, most of Disc 1 of "Present" SDE is mono mixes. There is apparently no mono mix of "Changes."

LongPlayer has a mono mix of "TBTB&TM" on Monkee Mixes disc 16.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
HannibalTwin8

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:41 pm The "Headquarters Sessions" set has the mono album masters on Disc 3, "Pisces Aquarius" SDE mono album is on Disc 2, much of Disc 2 of "Head" SDE is mono, Disc 2 of "Instant Replay" SDE is mono, most of Disc 1 of "Present" SDE is mono mixes. There is apparently no mono mix of "Changes."

LongPlayer has a mono mix of "TBTB&TM" on Monkee Mixes disc 16.
Longplayer, "Pisces.." has not been given the SDE treatment yet - though I am hoping it will get one. Did you mean the 2 CD Deluxe Edition?
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Yes, sorry, I meant the "Pisces" Deluxe Edition. Sorry. I hope it gets the full treatment, too.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
HannibalTwin8

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:07 pm Yes, sorry, I meant the "Pisces" Deluxe Edition. Sorry. I hope it gets the full treatment, too.
Do you, or anybody else here, know the latest on the tape research for "Pisces..."? Have they found the masters, the multis, etc?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

dascottjr wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:11 pm Countries outside of the U.S. most certainly had fold-down mono, which I'm not sure Dr. E. was aware of at the time.
That's weird, because what i downloaded says "US Mono". But it is unquestionably a fold down.

If you've never heard the true mono mixes, you just aint heard the Monkees.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:07 pm
dascottjr wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:11 pm Countries outside of the U.S. most certainly had fold-down mono, which I'm not sure Dr. E. was aware of at the time.
That's weird, because what i downloaded says "US Mono". But it is unquestionably a fold down.

If you've never heard the true mono mixes, you just aint heard the Monkees.
UK Monkee LPs and many other locations did indeed have fold-down mono albums…And yes, they sound great in true mono..grab Headquarters and Pisces as they both sound excellent in their true mono mixes respectively
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

HannibalTwin8 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:15 pm
mojofilter wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:07 pm Yes, sorry, I meant the "Pisces" Deluxe Edition. Sorry. I hope it gets the full treatment, too.
Do you, or anybody else here, know the latest on the tape research for "Pisces..."? Have they found the masters, the multis, etc?
Supposedly…and I stress supposedly…after years of searching the necessary material has been found to finally put out a proper Pisces super deluxe