Monkees : New Box Set Just Announced!

General music and other artist discussions.
ted

Post by ted »

For all you MONKEES fans out there, including myself, their label Rhino just announced a new box set...

The Monkees - Headquarters: Super Deluxe Edition

hXXps://tinyurl.com/3be3kzf3

This is a limited set, 4,000 total worldwide and like the others, will sell out in time.

(I've personally ordered mine earlier today.)

ted
Last edited by ted on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
skynet

Re: Monkees : New Box Set Just Announced!

Post by skynet »

ted wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:55 pm Monkees : New Box Set Just Announced!

For all you MONKEES fans out there, including myself, their label Rhino just announced a new box set...

The Monkees - Headquarters: Super Deluxe Edition

hXXps://tinyurl.com/3be3kzf3

This is a limited set limited to 4,000 worldwide and like the others, will sell out in time.

(I've personally ordered mine earlier today.)

ted
no need to mask the url as is an official release (although i get where you are coming from :) ) , so $69.98 for a 4 cd set and a 45 ?, an the CDs are fully loaded to its capacity? naaa get out, this is on an alternate universe :D , the Beatles rules specify that if you offer such amount of CDs they are just need to be filled to an LP capacity je je je ;) ... i know the Monkees are not the Beatles, but, but, but ... (fukin' Apple and UM, and Giles too) ... btw already preordered the Monkeex box set :)
gvout

Post by gvout »

My favorite Monkees album by far. Ordered mine too.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The Monkees had something.

Maybe not as much as The Beatles or The Stones or Herman's Hermits.

But they had something. Its nice that theirs is the stuff that is still drawing some attention such that these box editions can be compiled for official release. Personally, I think I have had pretty much all I can take, what with all the unsurpassed masters and such that is already out there.

Headquarters is the first album wherein they wrote and performed their own stuff. And, to me anyway, it's where the wheels fell off of the cart. Their self-written and performed material suffered greatly and revealed their individual limitations, except perhaps for Michael Nesmith, who was really the only formidably talented member of the group. Listening to it, one wonders what might have happened if Stephen Stills had accepted the part and not recommended Peter Tork.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

skynet wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:01 am no need to mask the url as is an official release

I've never really understood why people do that anyway. I've done it myself, but just 'going with the flow'. What's the reason?
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

The Monkee “Handmade” boxes are the best…filled with all kinds of stuff
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Talk about blurring the lines!
Real actors and musicians 'audition' for parts in a TV series about a fictitious band...whose members are using the actors names. They sing the songs for the show but also sell LPs at the record store. So, when a song becomes a top 40 hit, it is by a non-existent group that also goes on tour. Also played by the TV series actors. Forget the music...these guys provided real performance when needed...and acted out everything else. Man, The Beatles must have been amazed and amused and possibly disheartened. If that isn't confusing enough, The Monkees wanted Don Kirshner disposed of...and they wanted more cowbell...less wrecking crew. It blurred the lines and everything else too. Franchisenstein will become the lyrics of all that began on Feb 9, 1964. Now, 2 years later, It's ALIVE!
Chip Douglas to the HQ, please!
KC
skynet

Post by skynet »

Mr Bump wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:09 am
skynet wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:01 am no need to mask the url as is an official release

I've never really understood why people do that anyway. I've done it myself, but just 'going with the flow'. What's the reason?
Well its supposedly to help avoid been tracked back to this site as the origin click (although that can be tracked as well, but that is a different story) :)
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Ordered my copy today! I wonder what range my edition number will be in. It's got 69 previously unreleased recordings, plus new mixes they made by synchronizing tracks from different takes together! That can't be bad. I've got the old RHM set, too. Now if I could just get the Sandoval book that sold out in like, a week.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
HannibalTwin8

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

Anybody get the new Headquarters SDE box set yet? Wondering what your opinions on the new set might be.