Rutles Bootlegs

General music and other artist discussions.
WOA76

Re: Rutles Bootlegs

Post by WOA76 »

thank u keeping the links alive
The Rutles rock :)
Chris
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

I've started a Rutles project - the US albums. The Lazenby pulled together the UK album discography by supplementing the Rutles tracks with associated recordings by The Flames, Grimms, Neil Innes and The Bonzos. In tribute to him and his great work I'll try and complete the discography. A large part of it is simply transferring over the tracks Lazenby used to their respective US counterparts, the only difficulty is in sourcing the non LP material Capitol used to supplement the albums as Lazenby didn't have direct correlations on all of the tracks when he compiled his Past Masters.

I've got finished drafts of Murder Babies and Rutle Sole (US) both of which should be up by the weekend.

Ahead of that, here's something I made earlier, the Rutles '1', 27 Rutle number one singles.

hoops://we.tl/t-JLtCjEBLOm

I mostly followed Lazenby's narrative but with some slight changes.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:21 pm I've started a Rutles project - the US albums. The Lazenby pulled together the UK album discography by supplementing the Rutles tracks with associated recordings by The Flames, Grimms, Neil Innes and The Bonzos. In tribute to him and his great work I'll try and complete the discography. A large part of it is simply transferring over the tracks Lazenby used to their respective US counterparts, the only difficulty is in sourcing the non LP material Capitol used to supplement the albums as Lazenby didn't have direct correlations on all of the tracks when he compiled his Past Masters.

I've got finished drafts of Murder Babies and Rutle Sole (US) both of which should be up by the weekend.

Ahead of that, here's something I made earlier, the Rutles '1', 27 Rutle number one singles.

thank you so much this nice work on artwork
Chris
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Completing the Rutles US discography has led me to reassess what Lazenby did with the UK discography:

*Some of his UK albums were short of the odd track or two
*Lazenby used Killing Time for both Yesterday and Eleanor Rigby
*The Past Masters albums were simply a collection of spare Grimms, Flames and Timebox tracks with no real correlation to the relevant Beatles tracks

I've corrected most of these and in doing so it's led me to redo the '1' album I posted a few weeks ago. This new edition cuts across the Rutles track to the relevant Beatles track, so Busy Day = Yesterday, Shangri-La Hey Jude etc. If you place The Beatles album of the same name next to this you'll get the drift. The only exception is the opening Number One which cuts across to Twist And Shout but is simply too good to turn down as an opener.

The total length is just over 81 minutes so you'll need to overburn your Cd to get it to fit.

RUT://we.tl/t-ijIgYor6Bt
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Here's Past Masters One:

RUT://we.tl/t-TVBsHRBXWr
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

And Past Masters Two

RUT://we.tl/t-A7AdH7c0rk

And Oldies, the 1966 Christmas cash in:

RUT://we.tl/t-QVEbZjaCdv
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks !!!!I love The Rutles !!!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - LOVE the Rutles - Thank you ......
C90

Post by C90 »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:21 pm I've started a Rutles project - the US albums. The Lazenby pulled together the UK album discography by supplementing the Rutles tracks with associated recordings by The Flames, Grimms, Neil Innes and The Bonzos. In tribute to him and his great work I'll try and complete the discography. A large part of it is simply transferring over the tracks Lazenby used to their respective US counterparts, the only difficulty is in sourcing the non LP material Capitol used to supplement the albums as Lazenby didn't have direct correlations on all of the tracks when he compiled his Past Masters.

Bumblebee, any chance you could list the 'real' tracks you and The Lazenby used please, ie the artists and original release? I know a lot of Neil Innes' solo stuff but there's lots of tracks here which are certainly not Neil related.