CCR Royal Albert Hall Video To Be Officially Released

General music and other artist discussions.
Albert Grove

Re: CCR Royal Albert Hall Video To Be Officially Released

Post by Albert Grove »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 pm I've watched Albert Hall twice in two days on Netflix. I think the Oakland Coliseum TV doc was much better. Only because there was no history lesson. It was about that one concert and had lots of current interview clips and full length(?) performances of songs. There was Booker T & MGs - Time Is Tight from concert...and a bit of the jam session on Saturday night at Cosmo's Factory featuring the two bands together(Steve Cropper and John Fogerty...turn it UP). I had taped the Oakland doc on cassette and when the LIVE IN EUROPE LP was released in 1973 I realized that the audio was the same as the cassette I had recorded off of the TV. Anyhoo, The segment of Green River on The Andy Williams Show was new to me. Also, I never knew that they played that many European cities. The Oakland Concert documentary was on YouTube about five years ago. I was able to capture it but it was lost in an External hard drive when it was dropped. Since then, I can't find it. Otherwise, this is an average overview that will have to do. There is obviously other stuff that we still haven't seen. That alone saves this documentary from being a last gasp. I didn't even know they played Woodstock until the performance got released three(?) years ago. They were the biggest thing around when Cosmo's Factory and Pendulum were released. Then, oblivion. What a bummer!
So, WHERE Is the REAL audio?
Calling Saul Zaentz!
KC
Unfortunately Netflix in my territory doesn't feature the Travelin' Band (Royal Albert Hall 1970) film, so I still hope for either a standalone release by Craft (or a capture of the stream by a friendly person ;) ).
The Oakland concert documentary you refer to actually was titled In Concert and over the years popped up on bootlegs but fair to poor quality only. Later it was shown on Japanese TV and a few better quality clips of this circulate on Youtube. The original film is now owned by Jazz Casual Productions (located in Oakland of all places), which is the estate of the late Ralph J. Gleason, the San Francisco journalist and board member of Fantasy Records. Some of the Jazz Casual Productions archival footage were issued on DVD through the Eagle Media label (e.g. the Bob Dylan 1965 San Francisco press conference which was hosted by Ralph Gleason) but unfortunately the In Concert doc never saw official release.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Also, the Traveling Band documentary had some audio of Ramble Tamble which wasn't the released version.
I love that track. It wasn't that much but it's the only fragment's of that tune that I know of.
Oooo. down the ro-oad I go!
KC
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:30 pm Also, the Traveling Band documentary had some audio of Ramble Tamble which wasn't the released version.
I love that track. It wasn't that much but it's the only fragment's of that tune that I know of.
Oooo. down the ro-oad I go!
KC

Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I kinda dig Ramble Tamble.

Pendulum is an excellent album. Often overlooked because it's not as loaded with the go-to songs on today's oldies stations. But hey,...stuff that was recorded in the late 90's is what passes for oldies today, anyway.
kingkenneth 2

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

i just found out that the uk firm handling the orders for the uk has gone into administration.
they are trying to find another company to handle the orders so that they can honour all the orders.
the only trouble is i can't now login on the website and i'm having to message customer support, but no reply yet
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

kingkenneth 2 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:20 pm i just found out that the uk firm handling the orders for the uk has gone into administration.
they are trying to find another company to handle the orders so that they can honour all the orders.
the only trouble is i can't now login on the website and i'm having to message customer support, but no reply yet
Ahhh…this is encouraging news….
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Check out IORR (though I wasn't able to access the video).
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I posted the contents of the 24/96 download of the album within hours of its release at 45worlds, and it's triggered a page of arguments on whether digital downloads should be allowed there, even though they have a category for that format.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Le petit prince

Post by Le petit prince »

The entire concert video is now available online on 3sat (German Public Television, for those who are not affected by geo-blocking):

https://www.3sat.de/kultur/pop-around-t ... r-100.html (or direct download - right-click to save)
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

buddy has this watched it to think tape just sitting in valut all this years thought be lost
Chris