High-Resolution Audio

General music and other artist discussions.
Mixerrog

Re: High-Resolution Audio

Post by Mixerrog »

The easiest way to play surround sound from a DVD player is to encode the surround files as dts.wav files & then burn them as audio files on a CDR with most burning programs. Then play the CDR on your DVD player with it's digital output connected to a Digital Dolby/DTS Receiver. Most receivers (even older ones) will decode these into surround sound correctly. If you just get noise, likely something went wrong either burning the CDR audio CDR -- not a DVDR must be used & burned as a Audio CD.

The surround DTS.WAV files I posted here in the past should play fine this way in surround if you just burn them as audio wav files also.

Rog
skynet

Post by skynet »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:10 am
skynet wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:09 am is scheduled for October this year already pre order the box set which includes the vinyl, cd, 5.1 mix and esay 🙂 is already available on PF official site
September 16th for basic. October 7th for Deluxe, which probably means BluRay. The mixes are from 2018. It's taken this long for it to see the light of day. It's a bummer (and hard to believe) that they're not including any shows from the 1977 In The Flesh tour in the package. Oakland? C'mon!!
yep, that's a bummer really, for what i read, the reasoning to not include additional material (IE. outtakes, live, etc) is that there isn't enough for a box set (really!!!??? :evil: )... i mean, i get that some of the live early attempts for "Sheep" and "Dogs" are in the "Wish you were here" Immersion box set ("Raving and Drooling" and "You’ve Got To Be Crazy "), but at least they should have included any live concert, as part of the set... anyway...
Last edited by skynet on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:00 am Thanks for the screenshot. That shows me there's perhaps a slight alteration in the naming of the files. Not something you did...just how it is in the AUDIO_TS folder. I have only limited experience playing with this stuff to get it to burn onto a DVD. So I apologize if my help falls, like, way short. I can only suggest that you can take the larger (obviously audio) files and drop into VLC player. It seems that you're able to do that already as the icons for those files are VLC icons. Hopefully it's not a whole lot of folders that are like this one...I tend to listen to music directly from my laptop, through an HDMI into my Yamaha surround receiver, and have only very rarely these days resorted to making DVD's.

Sorry I can't help beyond that. And good luck.
Thanks for taking a look......I vow to get to the bottom of the reasoning behind the differences in the files. My older Pioneer doesn't have HDMI ports.....trying to win another right now that does....I have 2 Yamaha receivers but I forget why I didn't use them...oh yeah one is for my Laserdisc player....better sound than my TV.....and I have a Sony but I forget if it has them....I have a stack about 4 ft high of Electronics in my closet....my wife gives me the evil eye when I buy something else...she doesn't understand my quest.....the Pioneer Elite that FedEx ruined had HDMI ports...it makes noises and when you walk it makes like rubbing noises...took me 6 months but I got my money back!
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Nice.....but I'd rather have the speakers at this time in my life....got an old lady! HA!
maxwell2323

Post by maxwell2323 »

"Using the HDMI output on my MacBook Pro gets the signal into my audio system and I'm in the clouds."

Ok can you help?? That is what I want to do, but didn't think of it until this post. I want to be able to play surround files from my PC into my 5.1.4 atmos sound system via HDMI.

Do I have to buy a MacBook Pro to do this? What other PC models/laptops can I do this with?

Now..as I am writing this...I realize the HP computer I am using now has an HDMI out...and I an utilizing this by having a HDMI cable go from the HDMI out to my big VIZIO 3D tv to use like a second monitor. Now....can I or how do I know if I can take this HDMI cable and remove it from the 3D TV and plug it into my Atmos sound system? Would that work ? Maybe it is just this easy? Do I have to configure software settings on my PC as well?

Please help !
skynet

Post by skynet »

maxwell2323 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:46 pm "Using the HDMI output on my MacBook Pro gets the signal into my audio system and I'm in the clouds."

Ok can you help?? That is what I want to do, but didn't think of it until this post. I want to be able to play surround files from my PC into my 5.1.4 atmos sound system via HDMI.

Do I have to buy a MacBook Pro to do this? What other PC models/laptops can I do this with?

Now..as I am writing this...I realize the HP computer I am using now has an HDMI out...and I an utilizing this by having a HDMI cable go from the HDMI out to my big VIZIO 3D tv to use like a second monitor. Now....can I or how do I know if I can take this HDMI cable and remove it from the 3D TV and plug it into my Atmos sound system? Would that work ? Maybe it is just this easy? Do I have to configure software settings on my PC as well?

Please help !
The path here is to avoid as much "shortcuts" as possible, in this regard my recommendation will be for you to plug directly the output hdmi device directly into your Dolby Atmos system as it will directly feed into the processor, whereas if you have it connected to your tv, then the tv to the dolby atmos system, will not be the right way to do it as the feed into the TV will be "downgraded" or "upgraded" depending on the source to the tv output

Hope this helps

Regards
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

It doesn't have to be Mac. However, I've found that Mac seems to be "friendlier" in that it tends to be more of a "plug and play" deal.

I've tried taking the HDMI to the TV first, and from there, the TV is plugged in to the Dolby Atmos receiver. The problem is that this alters the signal so that the receiver only "sees" it as mono or stereo, and not surround. The signal is downgraded.

The rule of thumb is, as Skynet says, to go as directly as possible. I've found I have the best experience when I plug the HDMI from my laptop directly into my Dolby Atmos receiver. THEN I can enjoy the surround as it is encoded in the media. I'm listening to the sound from the receiver set on "straight", not using the preset surround modes such as "mono movie", or "chamber," or any of that. Just use "straight" which bypasses any additional surround processing and leaves the signal unaltered.
cooryder

Post by cooryder »

Hey everyone, perhaps slightly off topic, but any suggestions on how to extract the hi-rez stereo audio files from Blu-ray discs (White Album, POB etc)?

I have a BD data drive, but haven't sussed out the way to do it.

Thanks,

coo
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

cooryder wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:16 am Hey everyone, perhaps slightly off topic, but any suggestions on how to extract the hi-rez stereo audio files from Blu-ray discs (White Album, POB etc)?

I have a BD data drive, but haven't sussed out the way to do it.

Thanks,

coo
Lots of costly software such as AnyDVD etc.

For free - MakeMKV
This has to be renewed with a free license key I think every 30 days. There is an option to pay for a permanent license.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.