Kate Bush is #1 just about everywhere!

General music and other artist discussions.
rtbcIII

Re: Kate Bush is #1 just about everywhere!

Post by rtbcIII »

TV performance, 60fps AI remaster.

jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

#4 on Billboard...too bad it stalled, it would been cool had it hit #1
itslefty

Post by itslefty »

I flew from Los Angeles to London to see her concert ‘After the Dawn’ in 2014. It was a brilliant show musically and visually. It was a once in a lifetime experience.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

But what exactly do chart positions mean these days?

Per Billboard, they are "composed of adult contemporary, R&B, hip hop, country, rock, gospel, Latin and Christian formats, digitally monitored twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Charts are ranked by number of gross audience impressions, computed by cross-referencing exact times of radio airplay with Arbitron listener data."

Interesting that nowhere amidst the "audience impressions," "airplay" and "listener data" is the word "sales" to be found. Nor, to be fair, are the words "smoke" and "mirrors."

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

It only took 40 years for the world to catch up to Kate. She furrowed her own path and was manipulated by no one, including her record company, her fans and the media. She released her albums when she wanted and how she wanted, take it or leave it. A true, original artist in every respect.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

I knew about her years ago....she did a song in the movie" She's Having A Baby" and it was alright....Placebo does a better version of Running Up That Hill....Yes it is sad for an artist of music getting recognition after they are dead or have been around so long they should be...Like Leonard Cohen and a lot of greats before they get noticed ....a band has to do one of their songs for the public notices they are alive....if her music wasn't i the shows/movies they couldn't make it....it's al because of Stranger things....I won't watch it