Abba

General music and other artist discussions.
AllTogetherNow

Re: Abba

Post by AllTogetherNow »

misterclaudel wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:48 am

I agree with your statement here....they did drift toward the end they did sound "Musical" like....but bands change...some not for the better. I dig that Wall of Sound stuff Mr Spector did.....Brian Wilson tried to achive that ....I STILL don't know what the big deal with Pet Sounds is...One or two good tunes at best....maybe it's just me.... But I was listening to a mix on Youtube while doing it is whatever I do but The Beatles " I Want You(She's So Heavy) came on and I just stopped and really listened....it was SO heavy, no pun intended and just sounds dirty and gritty and some of Paul's Bass work is amazing! My point being bands either crank out the same album for 20 years and fans dig that but Abba went another way lot fans but The Beatles just kept going in wonderful directions....that song kinda makes me think of what Grunge was.....just dirty and down right raw....There is a new Grunge Supergroup out called "3rd Secret....man they are great! A lot of the Grunge bands say they were heavily influenced by The Beatles and I might have read that Nirvana liked Abba...Kurt liked melodic songs. Also keep up the good work Sir....
The HIGHLIGHT
Dear Friend I must to admit I do agree with you.
Having said that I must have made some enemies.
But I did not see the importance at the timeof Pet Sounds howewer Sir JPM did so. I must have missed something.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:42 pm ABBA were definitely cool in the early-mid 70s. They fit right into the whole glam thing going then. It was only when punk came along in 1977 that people started to say they were uncool.
LOL. Dorks did not know Sid Vicious was a massive fan. :lol:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

rtbcIII wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:50 pm What's this about Lord Reith's Swedish lyrics??
I dream of your first hit and then
I feel it's like Bjorn Again
A taste of Money, Money, Money
Tasting much Sweder than wine