Brian Wilson Tour 2022

General music and other artist discussions.
jpgrcat

Brian Wilson Tour 2022

Post by jpgrcat »

hxxps://www.brianwilson.com/tour

Seen this on Elon Muck's Twitter!
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
naturalkatsup

Re: Brian Wilson Tour 2022

Post by naturalkatsup »

from the videos ive seen of this tour so far, brian feels more like a set piece a lot of the time than the headline main act.

kinda sad, i just hope he wants to tour and isnt being forced by management or people around him :(
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Brian is getting up there...I realize 80 is the new 40. But that doesn't necessarily work for many of us. I've come to realize that in my workplace, I am not only the person whose been there the longest on my shift, but I am also the oldest. Not a title I've ever sought, nor would I wish it on anyone else who isn't ready to embrace it. However, it has its perks.

But I digress...

Brian as a set-piece has been going on for a couple decades. Not a total set-piece. But his voice has long since gone into the lower register. When I saw him in concert alongside Eric Clapton (who delivered a mean guitar solo to the coda of Good Vibrations that night) Brian had a few teleprompters scattered at the front of the stage which provided not only song lyrics, but patter. I know. I was in the second row and could see them pretty clearly. And when the teleprompters went offline, he sat there. The only thing he said was a request to get them working again. This is what happens to some of us.

I don't think Brian would be out there on tour today if he didn't want to be. I seriously doubt he has any kind of cashflow problem.
kontroller

Post by kontroller »

Brian is still in love with music, and my gut feeling is that he is still happy performing, even with a diminished role
FilmObscurest

Post by FilmObscurest »

Feels like shades of Stan Lee's final years. Being dragged to comic cons; but only an empty shell of his former self. He still loved to see the fans, and I'm sure that's how they convinced him to go. But once there, he just had that thousand yard stare. So sad.

At least they're not extracting BW's blood and using it to press limited edition Pet Sounds records!