'The Psychedelic Years 1966-1969' video album

General music and other artist discussions.
MarkRJones1970

'The Psychedelic Years 1966-1969' video album

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I put this together for myself but thought I may as well share it here too in case anyone else is interested.

Way back in the early 1990s I bought this (now long deleted) compilation and it's follow up, 'The Psychedelic Years Revisted 1966-1969'. It got me into all sorts of other bands and opened my head up and made me listen to artists other than The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Monkees and Eddie Cochran, which is all I listened to at the time.

I'm off work at the moment after being assaulted, a wound which required 8 stitches on my chest. So, with all this free time I thought I'd put together a visual version of this compilation so I can, years after buying it, actually see some of the bands featured. Everything has been downloaded from YouTube in the highest possible quality (which is still a bit ropey for a couple of tracks, but most are good quality). If a band has a couple of vintage perfomances on there I've chosen one for the main folder then included any other versions in an EXTRAS folder. All tracks are presented in the order they are in on the compilation. If a track is missing it's because there wasn't a clip of the artist performing the song available to download. Sometimes I have included an alternate take (like a BBC version of 'Shy Boy' by Kippington Lodge) when no performance footage is available. Only once have I included a more recent performance of a song, 'Alone Again Or' by Love, but that was because there is no vintage video and the performance is so good it would have been a shame not to have the song represented.

Download Vol.1 from here: [removed by admin]

I plan to do the follow up compilation next.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
mojofilter

Re: 'The Psychedelic Years 1966-1969' video album

Post by mojofilter »

You were assaulted? My sincerest condolences. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If your post gets removed for not being Beatles-related, I would appreciate it if you were to PM me with any further updates. I hope you recover soon. Best regards, mojo.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thank you very much for this compilation. I hope you get better as soon as possible
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

mojofilter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:06 am You were assaulted? My sincerest condolences. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If your post gets removed for not being Beatles-related, I would appreciate it if you were to PM me with any further updates. I hope you recover soon. Best regards, mojo.
Thanks for the good wishes. This is in the 'Other Artists' folder so I don't see why it would be deleted.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

The management took all of the posts of other artists' material out of the "Other Artists" board several weeks ago, and announced that there would be no further uploads of material not The Beatles by a certain date, which has already passed. If you know of another place where non-Beatles material may be posted freely, please PM me with the details of how to join such a group of collectors.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

mojofilter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:12 amIf you know of another place where non-Beatles material may be posted freely, please PM me with the details of how to join such a group of collectors.
Likewise - Much as I love the Beatles there are lots of rarities by other artists and i'd love to see the final results of the set that people were working on - Cilla (BBC), Dave Clark FIve (BBC) and the rest of the Scaffold stuff. If the people working on these still intend to post them somewhere, please let me know where by PM.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Oh yes so I see. Hey ho. Well, grab it while you can then. If anyone wants the 2nd volume then keep in touch via PM
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Hope you have a quick recovery Mark. Best wishes from Beatle City.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Thank You kindly! I am very into Both American & British Psychedelia and Garage Music....so many songs I find myself bumping into something that catches my ear and I also listen to Little Steve's show on Sirius the whole channel is great!
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Thank You kindly! I am very into Both American & British Psychedelia and Garage Music....so many songs I find myself bumping into something that catches my ear and I also listen to Little Steve's show on Sirius the whole channel is great! And I would like to know if you get pulled I want to see the next one as well. Hope you are healing....very sad this world.