Oasis

General music and other artist discussions.
tsardaniel1

Re: Oasis

Post by tsardaniel1 »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 am Taylor Swift is not a musician though. She's just a performer. She writes lyrics to backing tracks and claims they are her songs. She don't really give a real concert. She needs one of those ear pieces with a voice to tell her where a verse or refrain even is. If that is talent, I got a puggle puppy that can perform better than her! If it isn't a full band it isn't really art or talent, it's just an idiot on stage dancing around like there are gerbals down their pants. There's a lot of groups and musicians that really do give REAL concerts, whether they suck or not, I still say they got more art and talent than Disney clown puppets caked in make-up or queer guys spazzing to backing tracks on stage. I prefer music over brainwashing Mickey Meth pushers.
Sorry. Disagree 100% here. She is a very talented guitarist, pianist and does indeed write almost all her own material. This seems like you have been personally wronged by her or something. Sheesh. It’s cool not to like something but this is a bit OTT. IMHO.
Cheers All
Dan
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Well, if she writes her own songs she might wanna learn where the verses and solos and refrains are. Sounds funny when her live concerts are in-line ruined by the talking and click tracks.
petes9

Post by petes9 »

Pretend it's someone else and listen to Taylor Swift And Bon Iver - Exile. But they say music is subjective. I love it. Happy New Year.
datters

Post by datters »

rtbcIII wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:24 pm To some of us, the Britpop era is just a Blur.
Owwww. :lol: That's a keeper.
cdrtrade

Post by cdrtrade »

Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 am Can Oasis really be considered the successor of the Beatles in the 90s-00s? Or is it far-fetched marketing? What do you think about that?
Oasis didn’t fly here in the U.S. We had grunge and Nirvana. But Oasis were the top of the Brit Pop class by far. They had one great album, morning glory, and a couple of good ones and a whole bunch of non album tracks early on that were good but their legacy is pretty much the goodness of the first and third albums and the greatness of morning glory. Someone mentioned not hearing the Beatles influence. The end of She’s Electric is the same as With A Little Help From My Friends. I remember hearing the “new Beatles” reference on MTV when they debuted (I think) Supersonic and didn’t pay attention to them again until years later because of the hype. Hell, Frankie Goes To Hollywood were brought to the U.S. as the new Beatles too. It’s just a really bad idea to do that.

In 2000, they played a triple bill at Radio City Music Hall, a 5,000 seater, sandwiched between Stereophonics opening and Black Crowes headlining. Not exactly Shea Stadium.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Well, if you tally up all their US shows ticket sales and all, if that is 'not flying' in the US, well my group will perform for that kind of money any day. Well, grunge sucked and lacked art too and lacked enough money to afford throat losengers. But then again most the teens were drugged up in the US and probably thought the music sounded normal.
Mollusk

Post by Mollusk »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 am Taylor Swift is not a musician though. She's just a performer. She writes lyrics to backing tracks and claims they are her songs. She don't really give a real concert. She needs one of those ear pieces with a voice to tell her where a verse or refrain even is. If that is talent, I got a puggle puppy that can perform better than her! If it isn't a full band it isn't really art or talent, it's just an idiot on stage dancing around like there are gerbals down their pants. There's a lot of groups and musicians that really do give REAL concerts, whether they suck or not, I still say they got more art and talent than Disney clown puppets caked in make-up or queer guys spazzing to backing tracks on stage. I prefer music over brainwashing Mickey Meth pushers.
Dude get your head out of your ass and stop being a massive f*cking bigot, holy f*cking shit. You don't have to like Taylor Swift, but fucks sake man you're managing to spout homophobia, ableism, and straight up lies in one big f*cking message. Grow up, man.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

FIRE The Band....there is an underestimated Talent/Band
https://www.discogs.com/master/230557-F ... -Shoemaker

just me saying

Regards

ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

When Oasis, speaking of the name Oasis, was also a band Mary Hopkin was in during the 80's
How did the Gallagher Brother able to keep the same name during the 90's?

The Knack during the 60's & the Knack 'My Sharona', in '79

Nirvana a UK 60's Band & Nirvana the Seattle band, from 1989

A lot of folks compared REM to the Beatles' Rubber Soul' period

The closest Music I ever heard that sounded like any of the Beatles or solo

'Magic' by Pilot...To me is sounded like McCartney ['74-75]

'I Can Help', by Billy Swan ['74-75], to me, sounded like Ringo

'Time Passeges', by Al Stewart sound a little Lennonesque

'Calling Occupents (Of Interplanetary Craft)' by Klaatu
sounded like the vocals Lennon did during '#9 Dream'

I had the Klaatu Capitol US LP, & the Canadian Single,
as the Mixes are shorter on the single [1975-1977]
Never had the US Capitol single [B-sides were 'Subrosa Subway']
When I bought the CD the vocals sounded different
compared to the LP...I forget the Camadian Label
Klaatu was not on Capitol for the Single
In Billboard Klaatu's 1st LP actually brought
'Magical Mystery Tour', into the Top 200 for 4 weeks in '77

The first band, outside of the Monkees, compared to the Beatles...

I ever heard was the Bay City Rollers

& U2 was compared also & they were a great band

Take your pick
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
tsardaniel1

Post by tsardaniel1 »

Mollusk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 am
Dude get your head out of your ass and stop being a massive f*cking bigot, holy f*cking shit. You don't have to like Taylor Swift, but fucks sake man you're managing to spout homophobia, ableism, and straight up lies in one big f*cking message. Grow up, man.
Amen sir!!!!
Cheers All
Dan