Oasis

General music and other artist discussions.
Oleg Vostyakov

Oasis

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

Can Oasis really be considered the successor of the Beatles in the 90s-00s? Or is it far-fetched marketing? What do you think about that?
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition
MrP

Re: Oasis

Post by MrP »

Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 am Can Oasis really be considered the successor of the Beatles in the 90s-00s? Or is it far-fetched marketing? What do you think about that?
i never think about that
petes9

Post by petes9 »

I think Paul said in an interview that Oasis was derivative of the Beatles. Oasis was pissed at the comment. Sounds more like a compliment to me though.Also, in the movie "Yesterday", I always felt the Oasis reference was sort of about Paul's comment.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

To some of us, the Britpop era is just a Blur.
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

Saw them 5 times live....what a band, sad how they disintegrated.

Never saw the Beatles connection
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

I think the news media and tabloids went too far out of their way to exaggerate.
I would say that Oasis were the 'Beatles' of their time - right places at the right times, both bands went as far as they could go as a live band for their times, both got experimental at phases. both had a huge global fan base. The world was two different places at the times. Other than Oasis, Alanis Morrisette, and Eisley most 90's - 00 music kind of sucked thanks to Disney destroying the music/radio industry thinking teens are mindless puppets all the way up to current days. What made Oasis great was they could perform without needing computers and click tracks and backing tracks while most the music industry was shit.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Each of the Gakllagher brothers didn't discintegrate much. Their solo careers are great - they just got crappy music industry, crappy promoters, and fictional pandemic propaganda
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

In the US it's Taylor Swift..on the [10 #1's on Billboard Top Album Charts]

In the UK, Robbie Willliams [13 #1 UK Albums], who huge everywhere except North America

Outside of the Bands & Artists, we grew up with....

None of today's artists & bands, compare to Adele & these 2, at the moment

Beatles, Solo, Stones, Kinks, Who, & so on will live on...

Love to get Paul, Robbie, Taylor & Adele...for a Reggae, & Country Albums...lol

or Swing!!!

Oasis is good, but underrated as a lot of acts
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Taylor Swift is not a musician though. She's just a performer. She writes lyrics to backing tracks and claims they are her songs. She don't really give a real concert. She needs one of those ear pieces with a voice to tell her where a verse or refrain even is. If that is talent, I got a puggle puppy that can perform better than her! If it isn't a full band it isn't really art or talent, it's just an idiot on stage dancing around like there are gerbals down their pants. There's a lot of groups and musicians that really do give REAL concerts, whether they suck or not, I still say they got more art and talent than Disney clown puppets caked in make-up or queer guys spazzing to backing tracks on stage. I prefer music over brainwashing Mickey Meth pushers.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

You know, for me, Oasis only has one song that I feel is a song for the ages. Everything else I've heard by them goes in one ear and out the other without stopping in the middle. If the only record they ever made was "She's Electric" they should still be considered a world-class band. All they needed for that was a singer whose voice didn't break going into the high register. For instance, I would have loved to hear Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) sing that song over the same backing track. He could have nailed that song. It combines The Lovin' Spoonful with The Beatles early era, circa 1963, with a George solo on 12-gauge strings through a Vox amp.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.