Monkees : New Box Set Just Announced!

General music and other artist discussions.
Rickenbacker325

Re: Monkees : New Box Set Just Announced!

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:38 pm So how much on this is different from the four disc Headquarters Rhino handmade set years ago?
It’s quite different…the Handmade set featured only actual Monkee HQ sessions…and also had the mono mix included. The new edition has a very nicely done remix of the original album, the Don Kirshner sanctioned sessions that were also going on at that time and was intended to be the groups 3rd LP…and these tracks have backing tracks recorded in NYC…in addition it adds additional HQ album sessions that we didn’t get last time out…Although there are some repeats…everything is remixed and/or extended. A very nice set indeed
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Any word if other Monkees box sets are going to be released for other albums? :D

The previous album had box set treatments but are all out of print now. :?
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:00 am Any word if other Monkees box sets are going to be released for other albums? :D

there is only 1 other title that hasnt had the royal treatment yet..

Pisces, Aquarius,Capricorn & Jones LTD

all the others have 3 CD deluxe editions out already..as far as when they get around to finishing up the last title it could be next year or several years..prior to headquarters the previous title to get a deluxe edition was more of the monkees and that was several years back..so i guess just start to watch next year around this time and if nothing shows up then do it again the following year..
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

pumma4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:53 pm
HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:00 am Any word if other Monkees box sets are going to be released for other albums? :D

all the others have 3 CD deluxe editions out already..as far as when they get around to finishing up the last title it could be next year or several years..prior to headquarters the previous title to get a deluxe edition was more of the monkees and that was several years back..so i guess just start to watch next year around this time and if nothing shows up then do it again the following year..
There’s also Changes plus the later stuff from 80’s and beyond, although I can’t see them releasing box sets of any of these.
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

harrythebannister wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:04 pm

There’s also Changes plus the later stuff from 80’s and beyond, although I can’t see them releasing box sets of any of these.
even though the deluxe edition sets all had demos and outtakes it certainly didnt go far enough..maybe after the next one they put out a couple sets devoted just to more of the outtakes..you can say the same thing with giles martin too..there is so much that he could of included in the beatles deluxe editions and didnt..their too once he finishes off the rest of their stuff maybe he goes back and does a few deluxe titles devoted just to more of the outtake tracks..
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Allegedly…There was difficulty in finding outtakes and sessions from the Pisces sessions but supposedly those are since been located so as always we’ll have to take the old wait and see approach
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Oh, I didn't know those were out already. I have the 2CD deluxe editions of the first 4 albums which came out before they started putting out 3+CD deluxe editions. So it seems like now I need the 3CD editions of the first 2 albums. Hopefully, those aren't out of print already.