DIY: Multi-Angle View

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Liverpools Boy

DIY: Multi-Angle View

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Hello brothers.

I want to start making some multi-angle view videos, for professional purposes and with homemade tapes.

Do you have some knowledge and/or experience in this?, What is the best software to sync up different videos, angles, etc with the same audio? many thanks in advance for any answer.
dannysonar

Re: DIY: Multi-Angle View

Post by dannysonar »

Here are a few videos that I made, syncing audio with different video sources, if that's what you're interested in.

I used an old version of Adobe Premiere for these.
Now I use a free software called Hitfilm Express. It has the same kind of interface as Adobe but is much simpler.
On both softwares you do things the same way. First install the audio, whose spectrum you can see on the screen, then install each video you need to do your multi-angle video and sync them, using the shape of the sound spectrum of the video, making it move frame by frame until you make it coincide with the shape of your audio, and of course also by using your ears ! Then remove the unwanted audio, keep only the part of the video you want to keep, and carry on until you're done.
I don't know if that's very informative but well, this is the basic principle, and I can also say that you need some time, patience and experience to get things right.
atilla00

Post by atilla00 »

If you interest,ı would like to make Multicam videos.
Just Dm me !
Beatles4Ever

Post by Beatles4Ever »

I've made a bunch of multi-angle videos. I use Adobe Premier, although I suppose it doesn't really matter what software you use.
What really matters is having a keen eye that can pick up on different variations or angles in videos from various sources and be able to sync them up at the right moments properly.

Mind you...I'm not the greatest at this but for whatever reason I can watch something and be able to store it in my head so that when I see something else later, I can recall having seen it before but differently. I'll end up grabbing that other footage and try lining it up with the new footage and I usually have success at bringing several different camera angles together and play them all at the same time, or having bits and pieces of something pop in and out of a video presentation as multi-angle shots and when there isn't multi angles available I will run the main video at full screen and then when there are several angles available I'll run them side by side or one on top of the other at the same time.

The result of doing that makes the content of a particular video that much more interesting. At least that is how I see it in my own minds eye.

For instance....
The new Get Back teaser that was given to us by Peter Jackson for the Get Back film.
I noticed in that trailer that there was piece that was included that had fowl language in it but was edited out. I also noticed that camera angle was different. So I combed through my archive to find various different video clips I had of the same shot and edited them together plus added the fowl language back into the clip.

Here are the screen shots of the 2 angles...

And here is the clip I produced from the various sources.
The clip is titled: F@ck Face Restored.
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1sg6jOBFGsncl46dLil1iH8byR2OYSqJS/view
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

Wow, that's an amazing job!
Track06

Post by Track06 »

I once did Paul with Ringo and Ronnie Wood with VSDC 5.8 (free, but newer versions lacking some features iirc).
Certainly a bit fiddly, but not too bad of an experience.
Skip the first 2 minutes to jump to the music.
HD: hxxps://we.tl/t-oT8XWcAyIn
UHD:hxxps://we.tl/t-e2Bv6SR9uX
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Thanks to all for your answers, it's good to know that you're there.

I'll do something similar to Track06's work. I mean, an audio but with different takes watching at the same time. Something like this:

I will give a try to Adobe Premiere, I have installed other products of the adobe's suite and it works well for me.