MEGAsynch links

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
maccafan1

MEGAsynch links

Post by maccafan1 »

I seem to be having issue in that every time I click one of these links then change xx to tt I just get to the home page of MEGAsynch and not the downloads, have been able to do this before but started this issue very recently

Ant ideas?
yymca6

Re: MEGAsynch links

Post by yymca6 »

The best way for me to open and download from MEGA links is to first copy the link (right-click on it and select "Copy link", then I open Chrome and downloads are very easy after I replace the XXX by tt.

But I think you must first go on the MEGA site, create a (free) account and you will then be able to choose where you want the files to be downloaded to.
For instance on my Mac, they will go straight to a MEGAsync Downloads folder that is on my HD under my username. I also have a MEGAsync folder but I have no clue what it's for. I must say I had a MEGA crash (no pun intended...) and I had to create a new account at some point. Now it works OK.
Yves
meanmrmustid

Post by meanmrmustid »

maccafan1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 pm I seem to be having issue in that every time I click one of these links then change xx to tt I just get to the home page of MEGAsynch and not the downloads, have been able to do this before but started this issue very recently

Ant ideas?
Are you using the Mega phone app? I find the app needs to be open first otherwise it just goes to your home mega account the first time but next time it opens in the app. It's been like this for quite a while
Decode with Base 64 https://www.base64decode.org/ or add to jdownloader or megabasterd
Please note all my mega links should be up for the foreseeable future

Install instructions for megabasterd with proxies
https://youtu.be/nI5qPriVo3o
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Probably you don't need anything before "mega" in your URL. Open a "Notepad" (or whatever text editor) window, copy your URL to there, then delete manually everything before "mega", then copy-and-paste your new link.
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

I do have a registerdd accout with Maga and had no issues after changing xx to tt as they then appeared and could download but now just get a mega home page and this is on Windows.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Try some other browser. There is no need for anything like "https://" IMO.
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

Think have sorted it, at the bottom of the settings page was a Home Page and to the right said Home Page, but when changed it to Recents all back to normal but no idea how that got changed