You Tube video downloads no longer play from hard-drive

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
journeyman

You Tube video downloads no longer play from hard-drive

Post by journeyman »

Can anyone advise me about a recent problem I’ve had with You Tube videos I have downloaded recently and some that I downloaded to my hard-drive a while ago, which will no longer play and bear the message:

The following content is not available on this app:
Watch this content on the latest version of you tube

See attached pic from my hard-drive folder. Image

I have been using Wondershare UniConverter for my downloads, its easy and fast to use and downloads in the highest quality – I’m wondering if something has changed within the program?

I was under the impression, that once downloaded these videos were then saved and available to watch at any time in the future

I usually watch them back with VLC player

Anyone else having a similar problem or know how to fix this – much appreciated!

Happy New Year everyone
Attachments
Video Problems.JPG
Video Problems.JPG (46.94 KiB) Viewed 642 times
yymca6

Re: You Tube video downloads no longer play from hard-drive

Post by yymca6 »

Do you download them in MP4 format? That's what I do and I never had problems (so far).

I did some spot checks and I just found I have skipping bits in an Adambound film I downloaded from You Tube (both using VLC or Quicktime Player). I'll re-download and check if this happens again.
Yves
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:12 pm Do you download them in MP4 format? That's what I do and I never had problems (so far).
Yes they always download as mp4 and up until recently everything has been fine!
joguema

Post by joguema »

I use JDownloader2 to download YT-Videos for years and NEVER had any problems to play the files with VLC.
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

joguema wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:19 pm I use JDownloader2 to download YT-Videos for years and NEVER had any problems to play the files with VLC.
Thank you - might be worth my while in cheching that out !
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

journeyman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:06 pm I have been using Wondershare UniConverter for my downloads
Not strictly relevant but Wondershare usually covertly install lots of spyware on your computer along with the programs. The most nefarious one redirects you away from the competitors products when you're browsing. They actively interfere with your web searches and block links.

I would immediately install and run AdAware if I were you!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:20 pm
journeyman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:06 pm I have been using Wondershare UniConverter for my downloads
Not strictly relevant but Wondershare usually covertly install lots of spyware on your computer along with the programs. The most nefarious one redirects you away from the competitors products when you're browsing. They actively interfere with your web searches and block links.

I would immediately install and run AdAware if I were you!
Oh I never knew that - will definitely run a spyware program - thanks for the info