Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Lord Reith

Re: Best Youtube converter/downloader "A must have question"

Post by Lord Reith »

When did that begin?
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

I use MacX YouTube Downloader, been really happy with it for years. By the way, my regular Youtube windows don't have any "download" button on them.
returntopepperland

Post by returntopepperland »

Another vote for 4KVideoDownloader. Been using for a long time, downloads highest quality and offers many options, regularly updated.
rainy

Post by rainy »

I've got a problem I can't figure out. I hope this thread is the correct place for my question.

I download some audio only things off a few radio internet shows. I usually just click "save audio" and the program is saved to listen to later.There is no download button shown to save the audio file. I use this for a number of non-music related things I'm interested in. I guess these are referred to as embedded audio files? One station has changed something about the player they provide and now I don't have the option to "save audio". In the long run this probably doesn't matter but my untechnical self would still like to figure a way around this.

Is there any program I can get just to capture a audio file? This should capture the whole file without letting the program run as I record it. This is not Youtube related so there is no video, just fairly small mp3 files. Thanks for any suggestions.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

rainy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:55 pm I've got a problem I can't figure out. I hope this thread is the correct place for my question.

I download some audio only things off a few radio internet shows. I usually just click "save audio" and the program is saved to listen to later.There is no download button shown to save the audio file. I use this for a number of non-music related things I'm interested in. I guess these are referred to as embedded audio files? One station has changed something about the player they provide and now I don't have the option to "save audio". In the long run this probably doesn't matter but my untechnical self would still like to figure a way around this.

Is there any program I can get just to capture a audio file? This should capture the whole file without letting the program run as I record it. This is not Youtube related so there is no video, just fairly small mp3 files. Thanks for any suggestions.
Probably youtube-dl would work. It's a command line program. Install it and then go to the folder where it is installed, hold down SHIFT and click the right mouse button and choose "open command window here"

The two commands you need are:

youtube-dl -F INSERT URL OF PAGE (eg: https://cavernsessions.com/Beatles/October_1961)

that will give you a list of streams embedded in the page, then run

youtube-dl -f INSERT STREAM CODE FOR MP3 (eg: mp3-4534) INSERT PAGE URL

and that's it.

Or you can use it for videos.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rainy

Post by rainy »

Thank you for your reply and help. I didn't see that anyone had answered my request until today so my thanks are late.

I'm not at home now so I can't try your suggestion but will work on it as soon as possible.

Again, thanks and I appreciate all your work here.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

I think ClipGrab (free) adds on youtube-dl into its GUI.