DeMix Pro 3

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Mixerrog

DeMix Pro 3

Post by Mixerrog »

I have tested many stem separation softwares & this is the best to date that I have tested. They are having a great Black Friday sale on it that you can see the details at https://www.audiosourcere.com/demix-pro ... m=bf2020-1

The vocal separations it gives are outstanding. I am using it for vocal separations + some other stems now on my latest series of 5.1 Have A Nice Day upmixes for examples.

Rog
Ziggy C

Re: DeMix Pro 3

Post by Ziggy C »

This kind of software is cool. I've heard its benefits no doubt in various posts on this forum. It'd certainly be a lot more convenient and appealing if it were available as standalone software as opposed to a subscription service.

And another thing.....and sorry to offend.
The number of available Beatle recordings used to be finite. Even with the live concerts, TV broadcasts, alternates, unused takes, breakdowns, outfakes, OOPS, right-channel-only, left-channel-only versions, etc...there was still a finite number of recordings. Even with the various mixes and masters for domestic and international release, mono and stereo, what have you....it was still finite. I have always maintained that those versions are it. While a part of me enjoys that we can obtain stems and remix and reposition the various instruments in the stereo and surround environments, and even gain new insight into the different instrumental arrangements on each song - indeed, I've used them to learn guitar parts, and to enrich my band mates in learning Beatle songs and harmonies - I feel like we are risking poisoning the pool. I mean, I totally get it. In many cases, the mixes that have been official releases are lacking in punch, bass, poor separation, etc. I try to keep in mind that by doing this, we are creating so many bootleg recordings that never existed before that it may taint enjoyment of The Beatles altogether.

Just throwing that out there. I have the utmost respect for those that endeavor to make improvements, for those that like to introduce their own musical taste for mixdowns, etc. I wouldn't discourage it. I'm just sayin'...
Last edited by Ziggy C on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

i'd love it i'm sure, but its far too expensive.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Tried using the web mixer and every file I threw at it said "an error has occured." These were redbook wave files. If they're trying to get my money, they're not making a very good job of it!
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Ziggy C wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:30 pm This kind of software is cool. I've heard its benefits no doubt in various posts on this forum. It'd certainly be a lot more convenient and appealing if it were available as standalone software as opposed to a subscription service.

And another thing.....and sorry to offend.
The number of available Beatle recordings used to be finite. Even with the live concerts, TV broadcasts, alternates, unused takes, breakdowns, outfakes, OOPS, right-channel-only, left-channel-only versions, etc...there was still a finite number of recordings. Even with the various mixes and masters for domestic and international release, mono and stereo, what have you....it was still finite. I have always maintained that those versions are it. While a part of me enjoys that we can obtain stems and remix and reposition the various instruments in the stereo and surround environments, and even gain new insight into the different instrumental arrangements on each song - indeed, I've used them to learn guitar parts, and to enrich my band mates in learning Beatle songs and harmonies - I feel like we are risking poisoning the pool. I mean, I totally get it. In many cases, the mixes that have been official releases are lacking in punch, bass, poor separation, etc. I try to keep in mind that by doing this, we are creating so many bootleg recordings that never existed before that it may taint enjoyment of The Beatles altogether.

Just throwing that out there. I have the utmost respect for those that endeavor to make improvements, for those that like to introduce their own musical taste for mixdowns, etc. I wouldn't discourage it. I'm just sayin'...
Hear Hear

Just to say
I dont disagree

Kind Regards

ATH
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
beatlefan99

Post by beatlefan99 »

Spleeter for me every time
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I want MAL... Peter Jackson's separation software. Out of interest I ran the same tracks through UltimateVocalRemover and while it did a pretty good job it was nowhere near as clean as PJ's. But we don't know if they did extra manual cleanup in Spectral Layers. But it does seem to be inherently cleaner.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

LR & All,

Not sure why you could not use wav files as I have used most all types up to 24 bit 192 khz flac files which I normally use flac files to save hard drive space with all my large 5.1 files. Maybe it is a because you are using a trial version but doubt it. I will check into this with their support if you are still having issues Friday when the official launch is?

You can hear samples of vocals separations using it of She Love You + my Acapella version of "The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn" by grabbing the files at hxxps://we.tl/t-TEjyvzybJz with password of 092849 for 1 week. These are straight separations from DeMix Pro 3 (my beta version so far) without any spectral cleanup with only some leveling to match the vocal levels & sound pretty good to my poor 72 old ears so maybe younger ears will hear more issues. When fully mixed, they really sound IMO.

I heard Peter Jackson's comments on 60 minutes in the US about a separation software for the voices but did not hear what he used -- what does MAL stand for? I actually think this software would do a respectable job separating vocals like the Let It Be versions especially with some spectral cleanup which no doubt Peter Jackson or his crew likely did if it is really good but looking forward to hearing this first.

Rog
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

LR,

Also, I just tried a wav file now with the new full non-beta version & it worked fine so if you still have issues, please let me know & I will contact support.

Rog
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

MAL is a machine learning algorithm they trained specifically on the get back source material, so I doubt it will ever end up being available, or for that matter perhaps not very good for separating anything except the get back material itself - though I'm sure it could b trained to widen its applications.

They named it after HAL - the computer in 2001, and as it was Machine Learning they named it MAL. They intentionally named it in homage of Mal Evans, and PJ said that in the studio they'd often refer to it as a person, saying, "maybe Mal can sort this out for us".

I like the idea that just like the original Mal, MAL is ever attentive to the sounds of the Beatle's voices.

There's a post elsewhere to the "Things we said today" Video Podcast ( https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... YoZbEHTitO )that demonstrates its phenomenal separation capabilities. It's at about 1 hour 20 minutes.