8 mm B/W film of the FAB 4 Produced for sale

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
AllTogetherNow

8 mm B/W film of the FAB 4 Produced for sale

Post by AllTogetherNow »

I have 3 parts or rolls of 8 mm B/W film of the FAB 4 Produced for sale.

I bought this in 1967. They are silent of course. However that did not make me less excited at the time. Condition is mint as my dad never could afford to buy me a projector.

Now to the point. Can they have any interest?

Or can I rely on that all footage has been preserved elsewhere or is it slight possible they could contain worthwhile footage or is it just be being optimistic and just chuck away the reels.

All input are welcome.
Have not seen them anywhere else apart from where I bought them. In fact the was not even on display in the shop where I found them.

Awaiting all your expert advice.

regards for now

ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
MarkRJones1970

Re: 8 mm B/W film of the FAB 4 Produced for sale

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

We'd have to see some pictures from it first, or at least have a description of what the film shows.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm We'd have to see some pictures from it first, or at least have a description of what the film shows.
But of course I realise Imy input was a bit vague. I took for granted that you lot would be familiar with the article.

The size of the spool is like what a kodac 8 mm cine roll used to be in the days. The footage is from various performances. Its 8mm silent movies made for the home user. I asume the were made in ton, They are NOT unic. They were manufactured to the public.

The media is dated but so is 8tracks too but they seem to be in a certain demand.

I also have in my possesion among other thing a reeltape of Yesterday and Today (Buthcer cover) bought in 1966. If anyone has any information om that "pressing" could contain do not hesitate to tell me.

Regards

ATN

AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:58 pm
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm We'd have to see some pictures from it first, or at least have a description of what the film shows.
But of course I realise Imy input was a bit vague. I took for granted that you lot would be familiar with the article.

The size of the spool is like what a kodac 8 mm cine roll used to be in the days. The footage is from various performances. Its 8mm silent movies made for the home user. I asume the were made in ton, They are NOT unic. They were manufactured to the public.

The media is dated but so is 8tracks too but they seem to be in a certain demand.

I also have in my possesion among other thing a reeltape of Yesterday and Today (Buthcer cover) bought in 1966. If anyone has any information om that "pressing" could contain do not hesitate to tell me.

Regards

ATN
Thanks for you input

Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

A description of what's in the film would be helpful, along with the source. As in, was this raw footage that was taken by ABC or another network which was later edited into something we saw on TV? Is this an unseen negative of footage that has never aired anywhere? Criteria such as this can be useful in assessing the value of what you have. If what you have is simply reels of 8mm film, and not the negatives, then odds are it's been out there. In most cases, a lot of this footage that people find/have turns out to be fairly common, as 8mm was pretty much all we had back in the 60's for home viewing. Thinking home movies, etc. Any additional information you have would be helpful. Of course, that means you'd have to find a projector or editing desk to view it on. I wouldn't chuck the reels since, at the very least, they certainly have sentimental value.

My 2cents.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Thanks ziggy for your fair and valued input.

As you say they are positives not negz. Guess it could be done to determin whichs shows they are taken from but that entangles being familar to them all..... the fabs did as we know a few....
Thanks kindly for your input

Regards

ATN

bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:58 pm I also have in my possesion among other thing a reeltape of Yesterday and Today (Buthcer cover) bought in 1966. If anyone has any information om that "pressing" could contain do not hesitate to tell me.
According to this site...
It’s worth noting that the Butcher cover was released in the United States only in the vinyl format. Reel to reel tape and 8 track tape versions of the album were not issued until about a month after the record. By this time, the decision to use the second cover had already been made.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

No offence but the BUTCHER cover relates to the Fabs with the butchered dolls/the image that is what it entitles.

That it is not Vinyl has no one questioned. A reel tape is no shellack coprendi!

Lets be civil

regards

ATN

alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

AllTogetherNow, thanks for sharing info on your items.

Before we get too far in this discussion, please be aware that people questioning details about your items is not being uncivil. Especially since you have not provided any images...

Whenever something new or unknown comes along, it is appropriate to do a full investigation.
Last edited by alphabeatles on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrP

Post by MrP »

it could be just me
but your post doesn't make sense

bobzilla just noted that
https://www.rarerecords.net/butcher-cover/
notes that the butcher cover was only issued on the LP and was not used on the reel to reel or 8 track releases as a result in delayed release dates
AllTogetherNow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 pm No offence but the BUTCHER cover relates to the Fabs with the butchered dolls/the image that is what it entitles.

That it is not Vinyl has no one questioned. A reel tape is no shellack coprendi!

Lets be civil

regards

ATN