Beatles Cavern Club Acetate (with a YouTube Video Question)

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
jpgr0420

Beatles Cavern Club Acetate (with a YouTube Video Question)

Post by jpgr0420 »

First, I didn't know about this, but I'm guessing many of you may have. The Beatles kicking ass at The Cavern. Here's a YouTube link for the acetate.

Which leads me to my question. When I download this in 4k Video Downloader, the highest audio option available is 129k. Is this how the audio is on YouTube, or is this a limitation being set by 4k Video Downloader.

I was checking another video for That Means A Lot. Granted, I probably have the audio in my collection somewhere, but I was using it as another example. Here is the link.

Again, 4k Video Downloader shows the best audio option being 129k, but to me the video sounds a little better on YouTube than my downloaded version.

So is the audio capped on YouTube at 129k ? Is there a way to know what the video and audio options are on a YouTube video ? Is it possible to have lossless audio and video on YouTube, and if so, how can I download in original lossless quality?

I never bother with YouTube basically because it's lossy as far as I know. Otherwise I'd be downloading all day.

So if lossless options are available, what can I use to grab lossless video and keep it that way.

Thanks.
james4954

Re: Beatles Cavern Club Acetate (with a YouTube Video Question)

Post by james4954 »

Interesting - that's the first full Cavern version of Kansas City I've heard. The others were all OOPSED from Anthology.

Can't help you with the other question - I'm in the same boat.
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Curious, it must be the program you're using (?) but I'm no expert. I'm on Mac and use MacX YouTube Downloader to save mp4's from youtube (and other places). I downloaded these two and they are both saved as 44.1kHz stereo mp4 at full resolution (as far as I can see in Ocenaudio (Spek don't work on newer systems), screen pic from one of them below. Not sure if this helps but it's all I can do.
Good luck, Robert
Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 00.15.25.png
Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 00.15.25.png (715.48 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

I think the only option to download lossless from Youtube if the uploader provides the link somewhere in description or comments. Also, I think JDownloader freeware allows to download what has been uploaded / saved by Youtube software. You may want to check out the Stones forum, iorr.org. Somebody uploaded a remaster of the Stones in Hyde Park at 4K, and there is an example by "joguema" who downloaded it from Youtube - with specs. It's a recent topic in their "Hot Stuff" subforum.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Here is the acetate in lossless:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-Nov-1st

The audio bitrate on youtube is 128k for all video resolutions.
CooperCat

Post by CooperCat »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:42 am Here is the acetate in lossless:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-Nov-1st

The audio bitrate on youtube is 128k for all video resolutions.
Thanks for the link, and thanks for the info. Based on the info you provided, I did a search and found articles verifying the 128k. 256k is provided to premium members. What a shame.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

CooperCat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:08 amI did a search and found articles verifying the 128k. 256k is provided to premium members. What a shame.
One of my pet peeves is that streaming sites often allocate vast bitrates to the video, and then for no good reason whatsoever encode the audio at the lowest bitrate they think they can get away with. Changing it from 128 to 320 would make the streamed file only a tiny fraction bigger. It's so stupid and so annoying.
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Whatever happened to the tape of "Some Other Guy" Johnnie Hamp brought to Liverpool in 2015? Sounding "crystal clear", the tape was supposed to be aired once at the Cavern Club and then auctioned off on November 4, 2015 by Adam Partridge Auctioneers. https://wp.me/pcqckH-HC
Doug

Post by Doug »

These two tracks have been around since 2011 on Deccagain (has it really been TEN YEARS?! :o )
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Doug wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:21 pm These two tracks have been around since 2011 on Deccagain (has it really been TEN YEARS?! :o )
The above ones I posted are way better quality than that though.