Discussion of Get Back stereo polarity

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Rave O Lucien

Re: HOW TO CORRECT THE STEREO POLARITY ON GET BACK (super deluxe)

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:23 pm
Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:17 pm In a BootlegZone post titled "How To Turn Your New Super Deluxe (White Album) Into An Ultra Deluxe," you gave detailed instructions on how to improve the demos. I bookmarked the page, thinking I'd get back to it later, but we all know how that went. Would you please re-post them? Thanks. And thanks for the "Get Back" instructions, too!
I see someone else has posted it here. I don't have it any more. It mostly applied to the demos from what I remember. The values for the studio tracks tend to vary slightly from song to song.
It's one of those duplicate this, swap channels on that, minus 7 and Bob's your uncle sort of things. Easy enough if one has read the instructions recently, impossible if one hasn't. I learn some good things from you, and thank you kindly!
Last edited by Rave O Lucien on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
MacaRock

Post by MacaRock »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 pm
Doug wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am Keep in mind they're two separate things - a set of reference acetates that Glyn had made for the group, and the actual unreleased "Get Back" album. Bootlegs of the acetates appeared even before "Let It Be" was released, and the unreleased album itself was aired in December, 1969 and first bootlegged on "O.P.D."
Yeah, but I'm actually inclined to think now that all the bootlegs are wrong, even the rough mix acetates. My copy of the 1969 album booted in the 70s has the guitar solo on the right, but they were hardly renowned in those days for their mastering prowess. As for the improved version that came out in 1986, that may have been from a lower generation copy of the 70s boot.

In short... nothing to see here, folks. Carry on as before.
Sorry, I'm kinda confused right now. Is the stereo polarity in the Glyn Johns 2021 mix correct or not?
Lord Reith

Re Get Back polarity

Post by Lord Reith »

MacaRock wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:15 am Sorry, I'm kinda confused right now. Is the stereo polarity in the Glyn Johns 2021 mix correct or not?
Yes it would seem so.
RubberSolof

Re: Discussion of Get Back stereo polarity

Post by RubberSolof »

Question: Instead of just talking about it...and for the less technical oriented among us...could someone post the corrected version(s)?

I mean it's not the released version so i don't think it would be breaking the rules...

Thanks if that's possible.
RS
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

The correct version is in the new Let It Be boxset.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RubberSolof wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:11 am Question: Instead of just talking about it...and for the less technical oriented among us...could someone post the corrected version(s)?

I mean it's not the released version so i don't think it would be breaking the rules...

Thanks if that's possible.
RS
The boots all seem to be wrong, except the John Barret one.

It's difficult for me to get used to hearing it the other way, but I'll adjust eventually I guess.
Albert Grove

Post by Albert Grove »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:54 am Why are people saying the official release is off a boot?
Apple may not have gone that far in dubbing off a boot directly, but it's obvious if you listen carefully the source appears to be the same for both. They may have improved or cleaned up the sound for the SDE, but you can still hear or recognize the same "artifacts" as on the boot source, i.e brief tape drop outs and pops (I'm referring to the 4th Glyn Johns compilation, the so-called 1970 mix, heard best on True Masters (Roaring Mouse), restored by MasterJedi on Bare It All).
Lord Reith

Discussion of Get Back stereo polarity

Post by Lord Reith »

Albert Grove wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:05 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:54 am Why are people saying the official release is off a boot?
Apple may not have gone that far in dubbing off a boot directly, but it's obvious if you listen carefully the source appears to be the same for both. They may have improved or cleaned up the sound for the SDE, but you can still hear or recognize the same "artifacts" as on the boot source, i.e brief tape drop outs and pops (I'm referring to the 4th Glyn Johns compilation, the so-called 1970 mix, heard best on True Masters (Roaring Mouse), restored by MasterJedi on Bare It All).
Yes I agree but the two official versions (Japan and elsewhere) don't have the speed anomalies and the tape chewing in the middle of I've Got A Feeling. That is really where they are superior to the boots. The speed on Let It Be on the boots of the 1970 mix is incredibly wonky, and on both 69 and 70 boots the piano on Long And Winding Road is also fluttery.