Advice for ripping unbootlegged Beatleg DVDs to digital

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Egg_Crisis

Re: Advice for ripping unbootlegged Beatleg DVDs to digital

Post by Egg_Crisis »

chrisp wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 pmThank you Egg_Crisis for that suggestion about using folders. It worked, I don't know why I hadn't thought of it. It will make it much easier to organise my videos.
Ah, glad it worked. Now you can have fun sorting the videos be year, by tour, a folder for promotional videos perhaps, or whatever you want.
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:11 am
onemojofilter wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 pm Forgive a newbie asking an obvious question, but is it possible to have multiple VOB files converted into one mkv file rather than multiple mkv files?
A lot of people make that mistake. Don't use "open file", use "open disk", even if it's a disk ripped to your hard drive.
It will open the titles on the dvd instead of the vob files.
Thanks so much, LR!
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

Suzy Parlourphone wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:49 am
onemojofilter wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 pm
Forgive a newbie asking an obvious question, but is it possible to have multiple VOB files converted into one mkv file rather than multiple mkv files?
I use MakeMKV for ripping DVDs/DVD files (https://www.makemkv.com). You can turn a title and its chapters into a single mkv file, but I think if there are multiple titles they would be different mkv files. For example, if you wanted to do a DVD movie with special features, the movie would be a file and the features would be separate individual files. You can also do individual chapters, specify the audio, etc. It works for Blu-Ray too.
Also appreciate your reply as well :)
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.