Abracadabra

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
bobzilla

Re: Abracadabra

Post by bobzilla »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:15 am Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
It will! Can't wait!
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

So far all I’ve seen is the wait. But it’s been great!

:D :D :D
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

I don't really know what I'm waiting for, and I'm excited! - I'm new to Beatlegs. :?
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Notecnirp wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm Sir Lord Reith,

Do the YS songs , like All together Now, Hey Bulldog, It's All Too Much, & Only A Northern Song with Across The Universe (Wild Life Version) get an Abracadabra Treatment?

Thanks.
Yes, I've gone up to the initial sessions of 1968. It would be too difficult to do the white album and I thought Giles did a pretty good job of that and Abbey Road, and also there's the new LIB coming out.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 am
Notecnirp wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm Sir Lord Reith,

Do the YS songs , like All together Now, Hey Bulldog, It's All Too Much, & Only A Northern Song with Across The Universe (Wild Life Version) get an Abracadabra Treatment?

Thanks.
Yes, I've gone up to the initial sessions of 1968. It would be too difficult to do the white album and I thought Giles did a pretty good job of that and Abbey Road, and also there's the new LIB coming out.
All I can say is, "you Sir, are Fabulous!" 🙂
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Can't believe just how good the Abracadabra series sounds. I've been a Beatles fanatic since She Loves You was released in 1963. My favorite Beatles album has always been A Hard Days Night. After With The Beatles, AHDN is such a leap forward in songwriting, production and sound. It's the perfect Beatles album. The only thing that would have improved it is if they'd put This Boy on there. It fits right in. That mostly acoustic sound of AHDN is never really heard again to any extent. I agree with your opinion of Sgt Pepper and TWA. They are quality albums but, for me, don't compare to AHDN. Having said all that, I do love their psychedelic phase - Strawberry Fields Forever is the greatest Beatles song for me.

Right, back to the reason I'm posting. WTB has always been their poorest album for me. After the energy of PPM, WTB seemed a bit tired with songs that were mostly just average. I've just played your remaster/remix, in fact it's playing as I write this. What a job you've made of it. A great stereo album that has had its songs brought to life. For the first time in over 50 years I've been knocked by WTB. Thank you for what you've done with the Abracadabra series - I can't imagine those early albums ever sounding better. Really looking forward to your updated and expanded version later this year.

Great work fella!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:44 am For the first time in over 50 years I've been knocked by WTB. Thank you for what you've done with the Abracadabra series - I can't imagine those early albums ever sounding better. Really looking forward to your updated and expanded version later this year.

Great work fella!!!
Well thankyou sir. WTB is the one I am most unhappy with though due to the drums being stuck on one side.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

walrus gumboot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:41 pm Is there any artwork available for this wonderful series ?
Bit late but I've just read this post. What I did was download alternate covers for the albums i.e. With The Beatles cover with them smiling or the red AHDN EP cover (with tracks from the b-side of the UK album). It's not as good as dedicated artwork but it does looks OK. I did this for downloads that I haven't burnt. If you want to burn CDs then you probably want to wait for LR to do his artwork.
scott_c_b

Post by scott_c_b »

I would be very interested to hear the Abracadabra set if someone is willing to share a link.

I've heard great things about the centred vocals. I'm particularly keen on Rubber Soul but would love to hear them all.

Thanks in advance!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

scott_c_b wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:58 am I would be very interested to hear the Abracadabra set if someone is willing to share a link.

I've heard great things about the centred vocals. I'm particularly keen on Rubber Soul but would love to hear them all.

Thanks in advance!
I'm still working on the next version of Abracadabra so I would rather people did not share the old one, but since you're interested here is a sampler of some tracks from the upcoming edition:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-aug-3