Abracadabra

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Josh

Re: Abracadabra

Post by Josh »

Very much looking forward to hearing Vol 5!
Tex

Post by Tex »

I tried to listen to "Abbey Road" 50 the other day on headphones but the overuse of ADT and different FX annoyed me. My brain expected a certain EQ bump or a certain echo/reverb on each element and too many times those and basic balances were different. There's not supposed to be piano in the second half of YNGMYM but they kept it in. It's an interesting alternative experience but it's not "Abbey Road" for me. The mix is as much of the final creation as is the performances and recording techniques.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:54 pm I tried to listen to "Abbey Road" 50 the other day on headphones but the overuse of ADT and different FX annoyed me. My brain expected a certain EQ bump or a certain echo/reverb on each element and too many times those and basic balances were different. There's not supposed to be piano in the second half of YNGMYM but they kept it in. It's an interesting alternative experience but it's not "Abbey Road" for me. The mix is as much of the final creation as is the performances and recording techniques.
I guess because I don't much care for AR or TWA I found it interesting to hear them in a different way. Pepper though just makes my head ache.
jpa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm I am so happy to be back here. Abracadabra has saved me from ruin during the last year, so what can be better news than an update to look forward to!
Ah, you made it at last! Every time we discuss this subject I think of you!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ringo9

Post by ringo9 »

The only thing I didn't like about the new AR is that I feel George's guitar is too low on volume on Octopus's garden. Lord you can find at the russ place the HD uncompressed version of the new Pepper and one or two vinyl rips
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ringo9 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 pm the HD uncompressed version of the new Pepper and one or two vinyl rips
Did anyone else notice that they included the mono mix on the super deluxe but added limiting?!

Sort of defeated the whole point, really. The 2009 mono cd had no limiting.
franc1964

Post by franc1964 »

Hi everyone, thanks for all the amazing shares and work you put into the group. I'm reading so much about what sounds like an amazing collection. Could anyone share if possible, hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks again
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

franc1964 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:30 am Hi everyone, thanks for all the amazing shares and work you put into the group. I'm reading so much about what sounds like an amazing collection. Could anyone share if possible, hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks again
Abracadabra is something I will post in full after I have finished it off. It was incomplete last time I posted it and I have also redone and expanded parts of it and added three new volumes. So I'll probably put it up after the BBC set has finished, just to make sure everything is good because I continually notice things that I'd like to change. A couple more months will give me time to make it perfect (as possible).
jpa

Post by jpa »

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Light is at the end of the tunnel! Looking forward to it!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

Sir Lord Reith,

Do the YS songs , like All together Now, Hey Bulldog, It's All Too Much, & Only A Northern Song with Across The Universe (Wild Life Version) get an Abracadabra Treatment?

Thanks.