Rooftop concert soundboard recording?

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Patrick Healy

Rooftop concert soundboard recording?

Post by Patrick Healy »

So according to Collector's Music Reviews a new release on DAP includes "the complete recordings from multitracks' of the rooftop concert, and that was previously available. I was aware that both the camera audio and 1992 mixes of the songs from the film were available, but not a complete, soundboard recording. Can anyone give me a download for this?
skynet

Re: Rooftop concert soundboard recording?

Post by skynet »

It won't hurt you to ask nicely... Or at least say 'please', you know...
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

This i a sharing , not a gimme site
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Sorry, I forgot to request it nicely...
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Please can anyone give me a download for this?
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 pm Please can anyone give me a download for this?
It was probably lifted from the Great Work "dumbchops" did on the New Blue Soap and accompanying discs and Videos.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=247&hilit=new+blue+soap

Michael
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Here's a description of the project from giginjapan:

https://www.giginjapan.com/beatles-get- ... ssion-dap/

Reading between the lines, I sense these are remixes/remasters derive from the Nagras rather than the actual Apple multitracks. Meaning, dumbchops' excellent New Blue Soap series is likely the source for these boots. The DAP artwork references slate numbers (a Nagra reference) rather than take numbers (which would be relevant if these were sourced from Apple studio recordings). The accompany giginjapan write-up talks about how the discs were remixed by combining A roll and B roll tapes-- again, terminology that would only be relevant to the Nagras.
skynet

Post by skynet »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 am Here's a description of the project from giginjapan:

https://www.giginjapan.com/beatles-get- ... ssion-dap/

Reading between the lines, I sense these are remixes/remasters derive from the Nagras rather than the actual Apple multitracks. Meaning, dumbchops' excellent New Blue Soap series is likely the source for these boots. The DAP artwork references slate numbers (a Nagra reference) rather than take numbers (which would be relevant if these were sourced from Apple studio recordings). The accompany giginjapan write-up talks about how the discs were remixed by combining A roll and B roll tapes-- again, terminology that would only be relevant to the Nagras.

I agree with you, these came from the nagras, instead of actual multitracks, the "brief" on the page mention it: "★ All songs are recorded in a real stereo version by the latest restore editing that combines the existing A roll and B roll monaural sound sources for shooting!"

So no multitracks here
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

If you use AI and isolate the instruments and vocals perfectly from the nagra tapes you have multi track tapes. If you have the VST's that replicate Abbey Road's mixing in your multi track effects folder, needing the Apple multi tracks, most of the time using the same mic feeds, makes only a slim difference. I guess if the more obsessive fan wants to hear if there is any saliva build up for any of the Beatles to miss the opportunity to spit a loogy?