APPLE SLICES - the rarest of all Beatles records

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
stereoman33

Re: APPLE SLICES - the rarest of all Beatles records

Post by stereoman33 »

When the cover notes mentions “piece of mind” as having been found in an apple trash can , you know that the whole bootleg has nothing to do with Apple and the notes’ claim of fan release are made up B.S.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

That's not the cover notes. That is the listing from the book "You Can't Do That" by Charles Reinhart
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thankyou jgjohnson! So now at least we have a track listing, if not a photo or the actual lp.

Nothing that rare on it, but it's just possible some of the material might sound better than A Parlophone Rehearsal Session. Whatever the case it would be super cool to find a copy!

I have a rip of Joe Pope's decca lp but it was obviously done on a fairly basic setup. And I actually have the Santa Claus disc, the only copy I ever saw. It's a great looking picture disc with some tracks that were mega rare at the time.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
A_Laakso

Post by A_Laakso »

Interesting to know origin of old boots. Tracks 3-13 except 5&10 made its way to Indian rope trick, track 15-16 to "Parlophone" Sessions. Might be a few generations better sounding.
I wonder what is track 5, 17-20.

Btw. Indian was the first bootleg I bougt in 1982-3.

Correct:17-20 also in Parlohone 10 inch, so BBC versions.
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 pm Thankyou jgjohnson! So now at least we have a track listing, if not a photo or the actual lp.

Nothing that rare on it, but it's just possible some of the material might sound better than A Parlophone Rehearsal Session. Whatever the case it would be super cool to find a copy!

I have a rip of Joe Pope's decca lp but it was obviously done on a fairly basic setup. And I actually have the Santa Claus disc, the only copy I ever saw. It's a great looking picture disc with some tracks that were mega rare at the time.
The crazy thing is I recall buying my copy of Directly from Santa Claus when it first came out. Store had like half a dozen copies...
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

“You Can't Do That" by Charles Reinhart was such a great book. I was alerted to Beatles boots by the Illustrated Record book and a rarer book called “The Beatles: A Collection.” Soon enough I had found the Black album. Heck of a first boot. The Reinhart book though turned it into an mission.
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you