The Rutles

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
hkb

The Rutles

Post by hkb »

I had posted some Rutles CDs on BZ. I'll post them here again if anyone is interested.

Anthropology
Please Rut Me (Parlourphone PMC 1202)
Rutland Weekend Television\
Rutle Soul (1965 Remastered by TheLazenby 2018 Rutle Parlourphone CDP 7464402)
Rutles - Rutland's Rare Rutles Revisited\
Rutles - Rutles To Let!!\
Rutles - Savage Young Rutles same as mile stones\
Sgt Rutter's Only Darts Club Band (Parlourphone PCS 7027)
Shabby Road (Rutle PCS 7088)
The Rutles - Sweet Rutle Tracks\
THE RUTLES Bootleg Compilation info.txt
jpgrcat

Re: The Rutles

Post by jpgrcat »

Rutles, Bonzo Dog Band, Monty Python, etc. are always welcome, in lossless... :mrgreen:

Loved the TV Special in 1978
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Cheese and Onion please. And any Innes Book of Records.
DVWerks

Post by DVWerks »

One of my holy grails would be a recording of one of an NBC broadcast of The Rutles.
The subsequent versions had no indication where commercials were placed, I'm super curious how it was originally broken out.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

Yes! Anything by Innes at all.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Some of you fans of The Rutles might be interested in a mono version of the first LP by The Rutles: just as The Beatles sound great in mono, so do The Rutles!!

hxxps://gofile.io/d/SRafzb
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

So... is it strange that as a Beatles fan and Monty Python fan that I have never seen or heard any Rutles? :shock:
So please upload any and everything of theirs!
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
paul62

Post by paul62 »

paul62 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm Some of you fans of The Rutles might be interested in a mono version of the first LP by The Rutles: just as The Beatles sound great in mono, so do The Rutles!!
Eighteen people made the effort to download this, so far....has anybody listened to this one yet?
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Marshfish

Post by Marshfish »

paul62 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm Some of you fans of The Rutles might be interested in a mono version of the first LP by The Rutles: just as The Beatles sound great in mono, so do The Rutles!!

hxxps://gofile.io/d/SRafzb
Thanks paul62.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Let me know what you think of this one once you've had a listen (I'm always interested in getting well-intentioned feedback on the things I upload, just like everybody else that uploads stuff (especially stuff they've had a hand in creating)).

This mono mix of the stereo LP has been created by using a kind of software developed by csnyfan called MaxMono: it is not a fold down.

The easiest way for me to explain what MaxMono does is to say that a digital file is a long string of samples and MaxMono looks at each digital sample from the left and right channels, from the first sample to the next and onwards. It makes a choice between the left and right samples being checked simultaneously and selects just the loudest one of the two samples to keep in the new mix.

The file created is a single channel file and only half the digital samples from the two channels of the stereo digital file (or two channel mono digital file) are kept for the MaxMono mix. MaxMono was designed to deal with dropouts (especially dropouts that occur on one channel but not the other) but I've been (mis)using it to make mono mixes of a lot of things...!!!.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing