Sgt Pepper (Far East/Malaysian) and YC067 - Beatles Originals (Solo) - Mccartney

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
General Pepper

Re: Sgt Pepper (Far East/Malaysian) and YC067 - Beatles Originals (Solo) - Mccartney

Post by General Pepper »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm Sgt Pepper (Far East/Malaysian)

I was looking through the requests, and I said, "hey, I have that one." Now you can have it, too. Artwork and verification files included.

hxxps://we.tl/t-h1dvr9JZiR

Please replace xx with tt.

Expires Apr 26th.

Enjoy!
Thanks so much for this. Appreciated
mojofilter

Re: Sgt Pepper (Far East/Malaysian) and YC067 - Beatles Originals (Solo) - Mccartney

Post by mojofilter »

Last edited by mojofilter on Mon May 01, 2023 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Last edited by mojofilter on Mon May 01, 2023 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

thanks a lot!
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

mojofilter wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:59 am You're quite welcome! I'm gratified that you could just say thank you for my efforts, rather than try to take me to consequence for things you didn't know about the issue that you felt comfortable about excoriating me in public for, to make your ego feel bigger than it already is. Does anybody like this kind of people? Why? I'm just posting what i got elsewhere, and now I have to put up with people in accusatory mode, wanting to find out how I fucked up their precious audio before it got to them. Please take a downer. I post what I have received from others. If you don't want it, don't download it. But don't you dare give me a hard time about it.
Is this aimed at me?!

Mojo, you have been around...on various forums. You know the primary purpose is to discuss and dissect things Beatles. The sharing of bootlegs and needledrops etc is second to that and isn't even a thing (i.e. allowed) on some forums.

My two questions were to prompt further information...not to be 'accusatory'. And not necessarily from you as the sharer (no one is 'excoriating' you 'in public'!) but anyone who could help. If the LP was only issued in Stereo we surely have questions about the provenance of the contents of this? If there is/was a Mono pressing however I'm hoping someone can confirm such.

If not we have to consider it a recreation. That's fine as long as we know that's what it is. No one was accusing you of having 'f*cking it up' as you so eloquently say. We as individuals then can decide if it is something appropriate to our own collecting parameters. I personally will only keep it if is a 'real' and authentic needledrop. If it is a recreation it's not for me.

If it turns out to be something good and new to me I will happily thank you. I have already thanked you for the share of The Amazing Beatles.

Maybe you should think before you assume and attack. Maybe that was also the issue on the other forum you alluded to earlier today??
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Friendly reminders as it seems everyone took 4/20 off and then came back blazing, for lack of a better word :D

1) Just because someone posts something doesn't mean they created it or know every detail about where it came from.

2) There's nothing wrong with asking questions about the content. Questions should be expected since the people here are genuinely interested in the context with the content, and without them, there wouldn't be much use for having a discussion board.

3) Please don't confuse questions and criticism.

Peace out.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

WilliamShears wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:14 pm Friendly reminders as it seems everyone took 4/20 off and then came back blazing, for lack of a better word :D

1) Just because someone posts something doesn't mean they created it or know every detail about where it came from.

2) There's nothing wrong with asking questions about the content. Questions should be expected since the people here are genuinely interested in the context with the content, and without them, there wouldn't be much use for having a discussion board.

3) Please don't confuse questions and criticism.

Peace out.
Thanks William.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm Sgt Pepper (Far East/Malaysian)

I was looking through the requests, and I said, "hey, I have that one." Now you can have it, too. Artwork and verification files included.

hxxps://we.tl/t-h1dvr9JZiR

Please replace xx with tt.

Expires Apr 26th.

Enjoy!
Wow that sounds awesome!

As a late arriver here on the site I missed your link, any re-up possible.

I really appreciate you came back with that Peppers Far East version. I had never heard about that one. Was it an "official" release?

Thanks in advance
Yves
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Hi!

Upload link has expired, too. For reposts, please help each other out.

This was a real LP in Malaysia and the Far East. It was the only time that EMI has changed or substituted tracks on an album, as three of them were deemed by local governments there to be about drug use.

I don't know anything about the making of the CD, it just showed up as FLAC files in a place on the internet where I happened to be that day, years ago. I mean, obviously it is a fan transfer and package design, but as for the contents? It could be real... who knows? We haven't seen the real thing to compare it to. Hope you enjoy it anyway.

All the best,
mojo
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

anyone for a re up of sgt pepper from the far east?