I've lost Hornsey Road

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Lord Reith

Re: Our romance or not Our romance

Post by Lord Reith »

Captain_Kidd wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:03 pm Your reply sent me off on some detective work: I went back to the Beautiful Dreamer ‘Oh! My Soul’, and the one on the Great Dane Complete BBC Sessions box, which also has the ‘Our romance' intro, to do some comparisons.

The Great Dane ‘Oh! My Soul’ appears to be from a different source from the BD as it lacks the 1.5khz whistle and there’s an edit into another source 8 seconds in (quite a distinct change in sound too). The sound of these first 8 seconds up to this edit is consistent throughout in ambience/hum/radio buzz which casts doubt on the idea that there's any edit piece from the BBC Slow Down.
I think GD just filtered the whistling noise out which is not hard to do, even back then. The sound changes after 8 seconds because they cut to the version which appeared on "The Beatles At The Beeb Volume 5" and that doesn't start until the line "don't you know my love is true". Really they should have used the first 8 seconds from "The Beatles At the Beeb With Pete Best" which is intact.
So, we do have two distinct sources with the ‘Our romance’ intro which would indicate that the intro’s legit. The rest of the song is the same in all cases.
No, it's not part of the song. Originally it began with "and here's Paul with Ooh My Soul!" and then then song as you know it. Maybe the BD tape had some bits of other songs in between and they just thought it was part of it.
And, and.. I liked the ‘Our romance’ and I want it back! Just think, “Our romance? Oh! my soul!”... works perfectly as poetry!

Whether I’m right or wrong, if you do have a go at it then it’ll be much appreciated :)
Well, here you go: https://tinyurl.com/mr243acp
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BTL1210

Re: I've lost Hornsey Road

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thanks M'Lord ......
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks for this, Lord !!
Captain_Kidd

Post by Captain_Kidd »

Thanks so much for this info, and for the reconstruction of a construction :)

I wish I could create such stuff myself (I have Audacity but have barely started to explore its potential). I have my music collection in storage, but it’ll be coming out and pored over when life gives me a chance.

The ‘Pop Go The Beatles’ series is a real favourite of mine. It’d be fantastic if one day Apple/EMI decided to produce a deluxe box set just dedicated to that show, a complete-as-possible collection of all the 14 broadcasts, along with the guest artists. It was a milestone in the history of pop music, not just in the history of the Beatles, and deserves to be more widely appreciated.

Cheers, and keep on rockin’!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

No worries. It was half in the back of my head as something to do for a laugh anyway. I used to think John was shouting "I don't mind!!" Not sure when I twigged that it was just a bit of Slow down but felt a bit disappointed that it was not part of the song after all. As you say it does kind of sound like an actual intro, a bit like "In your muff!!" or whatever it is that John shouts at the start of It's All Too Much.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Captain_Kidd

Post by Captain_Kidd »

It's All Too Much.. that'll be my Beatles collection!

You mention a boot I never had, "The Beatles At the Beeb With Pete Best" and my inner completist asks.. have you got a rip of it you could share? I know future collections rendered releases like this redundant, but I like the history of how the BBC stuff came to us piece by piece over the years. My introduction to the BBC Beatles was on the LP 'Broadcasts'.Still have it, still love it!
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Captain_Kidd wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:07 pmYou mention a boot I never had, "The Beatles At the Beeb With Pete Best" and my inner completist asks.. have you got a rip of it you could share? I know future collections rendered releases like this redundant, but I like the history of how the BBC stuff came to us piece by piece over the years. My introduction to the BBC Beatles was on the LP 'Broadcasts'.Still have it, still love it!
Hi! I didn't see any reply to your request for a long time. I have here a 24/96 LP transfer by Atlasstar from 04-2015. Link 7 days. hxxps://we.tl/t-mNGRZOyVTL . Enjoy!
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share mojofilter - Thank you....
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

mojofilter wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:52 pm
Captain_Kidd wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:07 pmYou mention a boot I never had, "The Beatles At the Beeb With Pete Best" and my inner completist asks.. have you got a rip of it you could share? I know future collections rendered releases like this redundant, but I like the history of how the BBC stuff came to us piece by piece over the years. My introduction to the BBC Beatles was on the LP 'Broadcasts'.Still have it, still love it!
Hi! I didn't see any reply to your request for a long time. I have here a 24/96 LP transfer by Atlasstar from 04-2015. Link 7 days. hxxps://we.tl/t-mNGRZOyVTL . Enjoy!
Atlasstar great he was on my froum i had till we got shut down
Chris
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you mojofilter, this will be a great listen.