SiriusXM - Fab Fourum - Producer Giles Martin & more

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Mrbeatleg

SiriusXM - Fab Fourum - Producer Giles Martin & more

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Here's the SiriusXM Fab Fourum with Giles Martin and the exclusive preview of 2 of the songs

Link good for 1 week
hxxps://we.tl/t-xrghcWssEU
Phil_Lip

Re: SiriusXM - Fab Fourum - Producer Giles Martin & more

Post by Phil_Lip »

Ta Mr. :)
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Many thanks Mrbeatleg :D Robert
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

Thank you! :)
We all bleed blue from the inside....
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks Mrbeatleg as always!

Here are the two isolated songs (And Your Bird Can Sing and I'm Only Sleeping):

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/16EEofrMUYgXxiPzyCQiv_U5jsJ8b3s0H/view?usp=sharing

So much wonderful chat and playing in the archives, we really need to hear these raw unedited tapes sometime. Maybe for the 100th anniversary!
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

Thank you for this. Great to hear!
mikec

Post by mikec »

As I wrote in another place regarding “And Your Bird Can Sing Take 2”, if you isolate the 5.1 channels from the Anthology Video you will get exactly this Take 2 as its going to be released (again) soon, plus a more interesting version.
The “oops” version circulating from many years on Bootlegs came from the Anthology 2 audio set, while in recent years a Japanese bootleg released 3 different stages of this Take 2 all not being “fan oops” but it seems coming directly from George Martin’s 5.1 DTS mixes and you get:

1-Take 2 in its original form, Paul and John in one single vocal track and no overdubs. A very preliminary and still poor guitar solo not heard in the ‘oops version’. Paul can be heard saying at the end “That’s it.. yeah”.
2-Take 2 with the following overdubs: Harmonies from both Paul and John, John’s second vocal track on his two verses, bass, tambourine and a new guitar solo; as you’ve heard it today and as its going to be released on the Deluxe Box Set. John can be heard at the end saying “That was it, was it?”.
3-Take 2 with the giggling vocals and hand claps recorded on top of their previous overdubs, as heard on Anthology 2, Anthology DVD and the upcoming Revolver Deluxe Edition (but on the 5.1 isolated channel from ‘Anthology Video’ you can hear the voices clearly).

However, the count-in is slightly different in this “Revolver 2022” edition compared to the one on Anthology 2/Anthology Video. So, the count-in from Take 1 was used ether by George or Giles Martin and only one uses the actual count-in for Take 2.
sirpaulstarling

Post by sirpaulstarling »

is it just me or do these two previews sound like maybe they were recorded with a hand held device at the listening preview? They sound distant (especially And Your Bird Can Sing) with the bass coming in really hot, as if they were sitting near the sub. I could be wrong, but I just get that vibe. That being said, it's amazing to hear this stuff and it doesn't sound all that bad at all. I would just be surprised if this is how they come out on the official set.
Tex

Post by Tex »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:33 pm is it just me or do these two previews sound like maybe they were recorded with a hand held device at the listening preview? They sound distant (especially And Your Bird Can Sing) with the bass coming in really hot, as if they were sitting near the sub. I could be wrong, but I just get that vibe. That being said, it's amazing to hear this stuff and it doesn't sound all that bad at all. I would just be surprised if this is how they come out on the official set.
A Hoffmanite just explained that SiriuXM adds tons of bass and compression.

I thought my amplifier went bad or something it sounds so bad.
sirpaulstarling

Post by sirpaulstarling »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:37 pm
sirpaulstarling wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:33 pm is it just me or do these two previews sound like maybe they were recorded with a hand held device at the listening preview? They sound distant (especially And Your Bird Can Sing) with the bass coming in really hot, as if they were sitting near the sub. I could be wrong, but I just get that vibe. That being said, it's amazing to hear this stuff and it doesn't sound all that bad at all. I would just be surprised if this is how they come out on the official set.
A Hoffmanite just explained that SiriuXM adds tons of bass and compression.

I thought my amplifier went bad or something it sounds so bad.
ah ok that explains it. thanks for clearing that up