Does anyone have the EP's and other special singles released in the USA by the Beatles in the sixties.

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Help67

Does anyone have the EP's and other special singles released in the USA by the Beatles in the sixties.

Post by Help67 »

Hello, has anyone ripped the ep's (I think 4) of the Beatles in the USA? Does anyone have the open end interviews, compact disc 33, the Dot mini singles, and various official singles apart from the ones that contain the songs? I have never seen anything. I've only seen them in the Bruze Spizer and Azing Y Smuel books. I think there are even interview singles and excerpts from several of his movies. They could all be collected. It will be difficult, but they are part of his discography and no one has released them.
AllTogetherNow

Re: Does anyone have the EP's and other special singles released in the USA by the Beatles in the sixties.

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Help67 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:11 pm Hello, has anyone ripped the ep's (I think 4) of the Beatles in the USA? Does anyone have the open end interviews, compact disc 33, the Dot mini singles, and various official singles apart from the ones that contain the songs? I have never seen anything. I've only seen them in the Bruze Spizer and Azing Y Smuel books. I think there are even interview singles and excerpts from several of his movies. They could all be collected. It will be difficult, but they are part of his discography and no one has released them.
Hi

Please excuse me but I am not totally in with what you actually are asking for :?:
I got EP I got issued in US but the rest....please do entlight me.

I have most of the fabs EPs issued in US on DOT

For instance what is compact disc 33
Never heard of compact disc 33 issued in the sixties

I also have HDN in a red sleeve

Do please tell what U are looking for cause I cant look trough your wish
Kind regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Help67

Re: Does anyone have the EP's and other special singles released in the USA by the Beatles in the sixties.

Post by Help67 »

Hi, in Bruze Spizer's book The Beatle's Story On Capitol Records, Part 1, all these eps are at 33 revolutions per minute, that's why he calls them compact 33 discs. On page 137 they all come. They are eps of 3 songs for each side. On page 141 come the Open End Interviews, they talk and sing. Then there are several very, very rare ones like the ones you can see on pages 144 to 147. Another special series of singles is the Star Line Six Pack on page 131 and following. At Apple they also released singles with interviews and music. They released 2 ep's on Capitol, one VeeJay and one with Tony Sheridan recordings.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Help67 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:24 pm Hi, in Bruze Spizer's book The Beatle's Story On Capitol Records, Part 1, all these eps are at 33 revolutions per minute, that's why he calls them compact 33 discs. On page 137 they all come. They are eps of 3 songs for each side. On page 141 come the Open End Interviews, they talk and sing. Then there are several very, very rare ones like the ones you can see on pages 144 to 147. Another special series of singles is the Star Line Six Pack on page 131 and following. At Apple they also released singles with interviews and music. They released 2 ep's on Capitol, one VeeJay and one with Tony Sheridan recordings.
EPs issued during the 60s run at 45RPM LPs was slowed down to33 &1/3.
Would it be possible to link to your refrence just for my education :P

regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Tubla

Post by Tubla »

What Help67 is looking for are (among other EP's) these Capitol 33 Compact discs:
These three runs att 33 1/3

https://www.discogs.com/release/6392491 ... he-Beatles
https://www.discogs.com/release/6096370 ... cond-Album
https://www.discogs.com/release/2007748 ... ething-New
MrP

Post by MrP »

pg 137.jpg
pg 137.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 827 times
AllTogetherNow wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:43 pm
Help67 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:24 pm Hi, in Bruze Spizer's book The Beatle's Story On Capitol Records, Part 1, all these eps are at 33 revolutions per minute, that's why he calls them compact 33 discs. On page 137 they all come. They are eps of 3 songs for each side. On page 141 come the Open End Interviews, they talk and sing. Then there are several very, very rare ones like the ones you can see on pages 144 to 147. Another special series of singles is the Star Line Six Pack on page 131 and following. At Apple they also released singles with interviews and music. They released 2 ep's on Capitol, one VeeJay and one with Tony Sheridan recordings.
EPs issued during the 60s run at 45RPM LPs was slowed down to33 &1/3.
Would it be possible to link to your refrence just for my education :P

regards
ATN
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Hello everyone, American discography is very complex. Here in Europe everything was simpler: English mono/stereo LP's, singles more or less like the English ones and then a lot of EP's. You just the opposite: your only LP's, English singles, more or less and others and very few EP's. Obviously your discography is the most impressive of all, of course, but it also has a few very rare singles and ep's, very short editions or almost promotional that make them tremendously sweet for big collectors. I'm sure these albums I've ordered from you will be much more expensive than normal singles. They are part of your discography and I find it very strange that DESS or Mirror Spock, Doctor Robert, etc. have never done anything with them. Yes, they are the same songs but they are official albums and they are not available at bootleg level. The carelessness with his recordings in Hamburg at the Star Club and with Tony Sheridan is curious, none of them have done anything about these recordings either. On the other hand, they have done it with Decca and Christmas albums, but Hamburg, as important as it was for them, nothing at all. Luckily Mr. Lord Reith has sorted it out. Everything written are personal appreciations of a Spanish Beatles fan since Christmas 1979...
Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa »

Maybe because these EP's and Singles were a very limited release, there weren't many available or never sold. I know Ebbetts was always quoted as using "pristine" vinyl, so not much de-clicking needed to be done. Maybe both he and Mirror Spock (among others) could never get their hands on a copy worth ripping. I've never seen it ever mentioned that these were rare mixes in Brennans Variations Guide but if the cover art was different, that would be cool to see...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Just read the attachment, blank white cardboard back so nothing special.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

The only US EPS that I know of is 4 by The Beatles Capitol, Four By The Beatles which were both kindly posted by veejay
and Souvenir of Their Visit to America VeeJay which I believe was never posted here and I have not seen it posted anywhere
else on the web,and I have been trying to find a vinyl rip for years.
Mike
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Legitimately, these were jukebox issues--pressed specifically by Capitol for Seeburg jukeboxes (which had a cute little mechanism that made the platter spin at 33 and a third if a small-hole 7" record hit the turntable) and never available to the public (unless you had a jukebox operator friend). As I remember from growing up in those days, and having parents who would ALWAYS take me (on vacation trips) to restaurants that had jukeboxes (yeah, I was that vinyl-focused even before my teens), one 7" 33 side was the price per play of two single sides. What I have read is that the only thing unique about these discs is their size vs. speed, and the tracks picked for each side--in other words, same mixes. I would, however, love to have a copy of the title strips...
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."