The Beatles "The Capitol Versions" Original Beat CD 2fer series

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Chicagofanforever 5+

The Beatles "The Capitol Versions" Original Beat CD 2fer series

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

I'm looking for copies of these Beatles Capitol albums. The original Beat Cd's were 2fers with the flannel type design on the artwork.
These were some of the first if not the first versions of the Capitol albums that were available on CD. I believe they were out before the Dr. Ebbetts series.
Opinions vary, but the quality on these were pretty good. Would love to find the "Yesterday & Today"/"Revolver" 2fer.....always seeking new transfers of those 3 exclusive Lennon tracks in stereo.
I would also welcome any information on this series, those out there who remember them.
Thanks
jgjohnson

Re: The Beatles "The Capitol Versions" Original Beat CD 2fer series

Post by jgjohnson »

hxxps://mega.nz/file/dgFDgYwJ#vQv8wOzd7 ... OypgK6ONmw

If i did this right here is the Capitol Versions of Yesterday & Today and Revolver. I ripped this with extact audio copy

I think I have the whole set of these CDs

JGJ
Chicagofanforever 5+

Thanks so much for the reply. I look forward to checking this out. I remember seeing these but never picked them up. They don't show up anymore. Even with all the material on the old Zone, these were never posted. I appreciate the link and if you any requests I'd gladly return the favor.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

I remember those, fond memories of getting those CDs back around 2001 or so... very cool at the time to have the good old’ Capitol albums! I think over time, they became kind of obsolete as newer (and superior) releases started coming out over the years. I recall ages ago the discussion on the old forums that the Beat CDs are pretty much inferior quality-wise... that’s why I eventually ditched mine in favor of the DESS (and reel-to-reel tape releases)... However, nostalgia is a powerful thing, so if the Beat releases are what you really dig, that’s awesome 😎
—Keith
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

Here's a rip I had in the archives, probably from BZ. This one has log files and is tagged.

hxxps://we.tl/t-f0osxBTDOr
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Love any and all Capitol "drops." Who's to say which versions are really superior? :D :D

Thanks!!

NB
Chicagofanforever 5+

Such a valid point. Over the years there have been so many different transfers of the Capitol albums. Each one different. So everyone has their own favorites of these transfers. Even the Reel To Reel versions have issues with speed and volume levels. These early "Beat CD's" were done really well and should be given another listen. Thanks again for this download of Y&T and Revolver. Beat CD 006.
I read where they even did a "Rarities" CD in that series.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

jgjohnson wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:27 pm hxxps://mega.nz/file/dgFDgYwJ#vQv8wOzd7 ... OypgK6ONmw

If i did this right here is the Capitol Versions of Yesterday & Today and Revolver. I ripped this with extact audio copy

I think I have the whole set of these CDs

JGJ
Can you upload all of them please?
Yves
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Very true guys, I definitely need to give the Beat CDs another listen... Many is the time I dismissed a CD, then came back later with a re-listen and gained a new appreciation for that very CD. Thanks fellas! I love all the different viewpoints shared here on the forum :)

—— EDIT: Chicagofanforever 5+ you are absolutely right, this does sound VERY good! I'm forced to retract my statement about them being inferior (and revise my decades-old opinion of the set) Thank you! :D Hopefully someone will upload the whole set.
—Keith
beatlefan99

The Beatles "The Capitol Versions" 7 Volumes

Post by beatlefan99 »

The full 7 volumes if anybody wants;

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by beatlefan99 on Mon May 31, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.