Lost Lennon Tapes Westwood One 218 Episodes

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Phil_Lip

Re: Lost Lennon Tapes Westwood One 218 Episodes

Post by Phil_Lip »

Megazeti wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:29 pm I'm guessing they came from CDRTRADES share of the entire cannon on Guitars101 before he pulled the plug but there's no 100% proof these are his as these retain the CD artwork wheras Phil_Lips share don't.
.hxxps://www.guitars101.com//threads/lost-lennon ... te.703545/
From memory, this would be correct!
Thanks for filling the gaps Innerlight :)
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Thanks for the up, PL!

I recall listening to and taping The Lost Lennon Tapes as it made it's way through a couple local LA radio stations back in the late 80's/early 90's. There was a set I horked from the internet some years back which compiled all the shows onto 6 DVD's taking up about 24gigs. Every so often I give the show a listen. Myriad bootleg releases were culled from the rare tracks played on that show.

After Lost Lennon Tapes petered out, it morphed into The Beatle Years, which wasn't nearly as interesting. And not to be outdone, Paul McCartney came out with Oobu Joobu at the tail end of the initial run of Lost Lennon Tapes. I wasn't as big a fan of that show because, while the stories were fun and interesting, there were too many intrusions into the music. Either presenting only half a song, or talking over it. And then there was the obligatory Linda segment, Cook Of The House. Don't get me started....
Golem

Post by Golem »

Ziggy C wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm Thanks for the up, PL!

I recall listening to and taping The Lost Lennon Tapes as it made it's way through a couple local LA radio stations back in the late 80's/early 90's. There was a set I horked from the internet some years back which compiled all the shows onto 6 DVD's taking up about 24gigs. Every so often I give the show a listen. Myriad bootleg releases were culled from the rare tracks played on that show.

After Lost Lennon Tapes petered out, it morphed into The Beatle Years, which wasn't nearly as interesting. And not to be outdone, Paul McCartney came out with Oobu Joobu at the tail end of the initial run of Lost Lennon Tapes. I wasn't as big a fan of that show because, while the stories were fun and interesting, there were too many intrusions into the music. Either presenting only half a song, or talking over it. And then there was the obligatory Linda segment, Cook Of The House. Don't get me started....
would you possibly be able to upload that set? would love to hear it
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

I have the original 218 Westwood LLT including the premiere, promo's, B-Day special in '90, cue sheets etc. It is quite large, over 63 gig. Let me think about away and where to upload it.

Michael
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The Lost Lennon Tapes DVD's as I'd downloaded them from (I think) the original Demonoid site. The link should be good for a few weeks, or until the food runs out.
Uploading is still in progress. The first DVD is up already, though. These are .iso's. Probably not lossless to begin with as each show is roughly 100Mb so as to fit 40 per DVD.

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1np4JUgLur4nm5-qTvtNEpMkLBY23DbL6?usp=sharing
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Ziggy C .... Thank you.....
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Ziggy C wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:16 pm The Lost Lennon Tapes DVD's as I'd downloaded them from (I think) the original Demonoid site. The link should be good for a few weeks, or until the food runs out.
Uploading is still in progress. The first DVD is up already, though. These are .iso's. Probably not lossless to begin with as each show is roughly 100Mb so as to fit 40 per DVD.

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1np4JUgLur4nm5-qTvtNEpMkLBY23DbL6?usp=sharing
Yes, I remember the Demonoid DVDs having been spoken of as a lossy source.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Ziggy C - I noticed in the download that there doesn't appear to be a Part 5 .... Is this a typo error or is one disc missing ?? please can you confirm.... Many thanks ......
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

BTL1210 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:23 am Ziggy C - I noticed in the download that there doesn't appear to be a Part 5 .... Is this a typo error or is one disc missing ?? please can you confirm.... Many thanks ......
Upload still in progress. Part 5 is happening, but slowly, as I am concurrently downloading the fill-in-the-gap FLAC's so kindly uploaded by Innerlight.It should all be there by mid-morning PST. Listening to these, it takes me back to the late eighties when I started taping them off the radio. Most of the recordings I'd never heard before. I recall driving in my car and coming across the station that was running this show. They were playing a segment from the Beatles LIVE in Philadelphia. I couldn't rush home fast enough to get the tape going.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Many thanks for the confirmation Ziggy C .... will certainly check back later.... thank you again .......