The Black Album

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
michael_charles

The Black Album

Post by michael_charles »

This was one of my 1st Beatlegs on Vinyl, unfortunately it was lost many years ago. If anyone has an original copy w/ scans I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you,

Michael
margal

Re: The Black Album

Post by margal »

blackcat68

Post by blackcat68 »

I know this request is very late but could you repost the link? i have been looking for a copy of the Black Album. Thanks.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

blackcat68 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:29 pm I know this request is very late but could you repost the link? i have been looking for a copy of the Black Album. Thanks.
Here it is, link valid for one week

hxxps://we.tl/t-ib98q9b1SQ
Yves
blackcat68

Post by blackcat68 »

Thank you. Downloaded it with no problem.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you.
poozy

Post by poozy »

I'm a recent convert to Beatles fandom but from what I can tell from Youtube there seems to be quite a few "black albums". Or perhaps the notion of a black album seems to be a generic term referring to any personal mix of solo post-breakup songs. (See this clip from the movie Boyhood:

Is there something about the album listed in this thread (link expired it seems) that is considered more authoritative or was this release considered the original historical attempt at a "black album"?
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

poozy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 pm I'm a recent convert to Beatles fandom but from what I can tell from Youtube there seems to be quite a few "black albums". Or perhaps the notion of a black album seems to be a generic term referring to any personal mix of solo post-breakup songs.
Is there something about the album listed in this thread (link expired it seems) that is considered more authoritative or was this release considered the original historical attempt at a "black album"?
In this case, the Black Album is a bootleg release of some of the Beatles Get Back session material. It was originally released as a 3 LP set in 1981.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1001078 ... lack-Album
poozy

Post by poozy »

bobzilla wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:38 pm
poozy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 pm I'm a recent convert to Beatles fandom but from what I can tell from Youtube there seems to be quite a few "black albums". Or perhaps the notion of a black album seems to be a generic term referring to any personal mix of solo post-breakup songs.
In this case, the Black Album is a bootleg release of some of the Beatles Get Back session material. It was originally released as a 3 LP set in 1981.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1001078 ... lack-Album
That clears it up. Thanks for the link. Completely different approach on the Ethan Hawke compilation which I just listened to on Spotify. It's an interesting listen ( and backstory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black ... ion_album) )
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I bought this on 2 90 minute cassettes with "Silver Lining" filling the 4th side at a flea market in the French Quarter of New Orleans back in 1985 and it will always be a favorite for me. Too bad I didn't buy the 3 record lp set with the cool poster but the shady dealer was only peddling cassette copies. I would up buying several more cassettes that summer ("Strawberry Fields Forever", "20X4", "Mach Shau!", "Kum Back") and more in 1986 but then he disappeared forever. Maybe he lives up a tree by now.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.