A list of my stuff

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Lord Reith

A list of my stuff

Post by Lord Reith »

Please note: this is not a trading list. If you need something from this list, ask on the board.

Over the years I've done a lot of stuff. In fact, looking at it all, it becomes clear to me that I have no life :(

Since I just do this for fun I have never really made any attempt to order or catalogue any of it, and I can understand that people want to pull their hair out when trying to make sense of my uploads. There are sometimes three or four similarly titled versions of the same project. So I'll attempt to clarify what I have done and what it was called at the time, so that people following it will know what to keep and what to chuck.

This year I have tried to revisit my earlier work as much as possible to create definitive versions. So as far as I'm concerned, all versions before that are dispensable. In short, if it says "2021" then it's a keeper!

What follows is a list of what I consider to be the most significant things I have done, although it isn't everything because I have also just uploaded odd things at odd times and have now forgotten what they were. There's also stuff I would sooner forget. I haven't included projects that are still open.

LIVE AND LOST

A collection of lost live tv appearances with some upgrades.

viewtopic.php?t=8360&hilit=live+lost

FREE AS A BIRD / REAL LOVE 2024 MIXES

viewtopic.php?t=7810&hilit=free+as+a+bird+2024

HARRY AND HIS BOX SET

The ultimate BBC set that replaces all that has gone before. viewtopic.php?t=8493

THE BEATLES AT THE BEEB 1982 extended

Extended and upgraded edit of the radio special. viewtopic.php?t=8184

SEVENTEEN

Improved mono restoration of the Star Club Tapes with louder vocals and tighter sonics. viewtopic.php?t=8044

THE DECCA DILEMMA

Newly demixed and improved version of the Decca tape with less reverb and tighter sonics. viewtopic.php?t=7669

ROCKIN' ROXBURGH (Deluxe Edition)

The newly found Stowe School tape with boosted vocals, bass and other improvements. viewtopic.php?t=7406

FABRACADABRA!

Upgraded and wholly rehabilitated remake of Abracadabra (see below). Some of volumes also include extra material. These are my own remixes of the catalogue up to but not including The white album. They retain the dynamics and eq of the original stereo mixes but with machine learning used to adjust the stereo image so that drums, bass and vocals are near the centre and peripheral instruments on the, erm, peripheral. viewtopic.php?t=5450&hilit=fabracadabra

Various random remixes

Real Love (2024 mix)
Free As A Bird (2024 mix)
Grow Old With Me (2023 mix)

SON OF ZUBE

A full upgrade and revision of my older title "Hey Zube" , featuring all the Feb.11 1963 sessions and tracks in spectral stereo ande with dry vocals.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2808

KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (2022 Updated and Expanded Edition)

viewtopic.php?t=1924

This was originally a two-volume set containg all the early recordings up to (but not including) the Star Club. I then did a revision some time later where I tried to remove the reverb from some of the material, called "Kicks Kudos And Cash (The Executive Version)". This was poorly received and in retrospect a bad idea. To rectify this I then created a three-volume version called "Kicks Kudos And Cash (The Lord Reith Approved Version") which reverted to the normal versions but added some new People And Places discoveries, a new tape of the live Saturday Club from March 63 and some random songs from the Roy Orbison Tour.

This latest version includes many sonic improvements plus the addition of the third Here We Go BBC radio appearance (recently unearthed for The Beatles BBC Archives). I ditched the live Saturday Club to keep the focus on pre-1963.

UPDATE: Disc 4 has been expanded and updated in 2022 with addition of EMI House April 1963.

TOP OF THE KLAS

Superseded by the bonus disc attached to Harry And His Box Vol.10

THE BEATLES BBC ARCHIVES 2021 also known as "The Beatles BBC Archives (The Executive Version)"

This superseded the previous set, which was done in 2015 and called "The Beatles: The BBC Archives". Both these sets are now obsolete, superseded entirely by Harry And His Box Set.

EVOLVER

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=345

This is an ongoing project where I upped any interesting one-off demixes/remixes I was working on. Some of these have made their way into other projects, though usually with some extra changes. Make sure to check this thread from time to time for new additions.

ABRACADABRA (obsolete)

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1174

This began life with a 2018 demix/remix of the Please Please Me sessions called "Hey Zube". As demix technology began to evolve I revisited PPM and uploaded the result on BZ in a thread called "Abracadabra" which was more of a thread title than anything but ended up being associated with these particular demixes. After PPM I added With the Beatles, A Hard Days Night, Beatles For Sale, Rubber Soul and Revolver but these were early inferior versions. I then did some revisions which had the word "Redux" appended to them (redux is Latin for "resurrected") with further improvements. Finally in 2021 I began revising all these again and adding the missing albums and extra tracks up to and including Yellow Submarine.

This set has now been superseded by FABRACADABRA! except for Volume 5 which I've still yet to revisit.

MAGNETOPHON BAND

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1108

This was originally called "ZU LAUT!" (which means "too loud!") and consisted of two different sets: a double volume Mono edition with all the available Star Club recordings in their correct sequence; and a double volume Stereo edition which applied some basic stereo ambience to the mono (this was well before AI demixing). This was then followed a few years later by "ZU LAUT! (The Executive Version)" which used the same deverbing technology I had applied to "Kicks Kudos And Cash (The Executive Version)". This greatly enhanced the clarity, but some people felt that some of the impact was lost.

This latest version uses some of the technology from the executive version married to new demixing technology to create a balanced simulation of a stereo audience recording. While this probably sounds like a textbook recipe for disaster, I was quite pleased with the result and it was very well received. It also comes synchronised to a slideshow video with a transcript of the audio. In the same set is a mono version of the audio, with no audio processing other than matching the eq to known authentic sources.

THE QUIET ALBUM

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1663

A collection of quiet songs, mostly demos and acoustic numbers but demixed/remixed for extra clarity and impact. Some of the mixes are from Evolver, some completely new

OLDER PRE-2021 TITLES

These date back to 2015. Some of the remixes on Minus 1 and Monolonger are superseded by superior versions on the above titles, but there are some songs that I have not revisited.

NOTE: Thanks to Leaping Armadillos for all the mega links!

WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE BOWL

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/9hgRECTJ#UdySLXXcrhjcfxEU063G9g

A remix of the three Hollywood Bowl shows.

THE BEATLES AT THE BEEB (The Executive Version)

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/QoRkiBDQ#tnEdpPFAhjEnu2k9Yjl84A

The original legendary March 1982 special from the master.

THE BEEB'S LOST BEATLES TAPES (The Executive Version)

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/x85XWaqQ#0seqd9OgU55uKDx-TATrpg

The 1988 radio series, updated to include newer and better sources.

YOU BECOME NAKED

A collection of demos and home recordings arranged thematically instead of chronologically.

hxxps://mega.nz/file/45Y2ELZJ#3Jt02JYTZGBpyUJYjsbaEonCinTeiP2utV8fH_QmA0s

THE FRIDAY ROCK SHOW

The three shows from 1979/80 with Tommy Vance, where manny of the BBc radio sessions were given a repeat airing three years prior to the Beatles At The Beeb.

STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Jl4FlYYI#Kq6U0Wnhv35rvbhrU9Q4vw

A recreation of the classic NEMS vinyl Beatleg, using superior sources but maintaining all editing and flow.

AIR TIME (aka SILVER DAYS)

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/c5gxEKwY#3sG3DVC22GbXR674nMCWmg

A recreation of the classic vinyl boot with superior sources

NOT FOR SALE

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/ZkwjDQqS#i2UbMcMs0wSced1h6D7Ksg

Another recreation

BEAUTIFUL DREAMER

The classic BBC boot upgraded

MELBOURNE MELTDOWN (cd)

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/9s4hxYzB#fa0ccQgXl56ZkpdknkaLzQ

Nice audio of the complete melbourne concert

DVDs

IT'S ALL TOO DUTCH

Three volume set detailing their 1964 Holland visit.

MELBOURNE MELTDOWN

Two disc set detailing their melbourne visit including a reconstruction of the whole concert.

BOWL LOTTA SCREAMING GOIN' ON

A reconstruction of their 1964 Hollywood Bowl concert from various upgraded sources.

FIRST PLAY AT SHEA REDUX

Two disc set with their Shea tv special in upgraded video and five audio options, plus a reconstruction of the original concert.

MP4s

Various restored concerts and promos. Some are contained in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=208&hilit=videos

More are here: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Qt4DVSLL#rl12UkNpAv9IDaDFmF-VCg

and here

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Uwp3CKiB#NF62GV6BqIqx_S8MtSNrjQ

and here

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/phhF1IYR#RyLZ2212eGSNOXg2nIajmg

Les Beatles A Paris viewtopic.php?f=26&t=164&hilit=les+beatles+paris

Die Beatles In Nederland

Hollywood Bowl 1964

Melbourne 1964

It's All Too Dutch

The Beatles At Shea Stadium

Rooftop concert upgraded and uninterrupted

Let It Be German print with stereo audio

AHDN uncropped print with original mono and corrected speed

Help uncropped print with original mono

MMT special edition with extra songs and nudity

Drop In from 1993 repeat

Morcambe And Wise upgraded picture and sound

Ed Sullivan Miami rehearsal aspect ratio fixed

Hey Jude/ Revolution

Swedish TV documentary with English subtitles

James Paul McCartney

Real Love (reconstruction of original video with my audio remix) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1823&hilit=videos
Last edited by Lord Reith on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:33 am, edited 39 times in total.
AndInTheEnd

Re: My stuff

Post by AndInTheEnd »

Wow, what a Fabulous catalogue you have there, dear Lord. I'm glad to say that I must have most of these.. spread over "Lord Reith knows" how many hard drives and laptops!!

THANK YOU so much for everything you have deemed to share with us thus far. You are a true gent, and then some.

AiTE :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

AndInTheEnd wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:18 am Wow, what a Fabulous catalogue you have there, dear Lord. I'm glad to say that I must have most of these.. spread over "Lord Reith knows" how many hard drives and laptops!!

THANK YOU so much for everything you have deemed to share with us thus far. You are a true gent, and then some.

AiTE :D
Thankyou sir. I have not compiled such a list before because I couldn't bear to contemplate how much time I have spent on them. However, if Apple never release the complete BBC sessions and early tapes, then at least that was time well spent.
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

The Clean Man is so far, my fave Decca Tapes listening experience... :mrgreen:
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nice one ! I'm off to check my NAS drive to make sure I have them all. And another BIG thanks for all the hard work you put in.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:25 am
I have not compiled such a list before because I couldn't bear to contemplate how much time I have spent on them. However, if Apple never release the complete BBC sessions and early tapes, then at least that was time well spent.

All of it has been worth it Lord, for the enjoyment you have and continue to provide us with.

This list is really extensive. What a great idea to compile it. It does help remove confusion that may have existed. Thank you for it and all that you have generously given us over the years. Much appreciated.

Rusty
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks for the better-than-expected follow-up to my previous query!

And don't ever feel you've wasted any time at all – this stuff is definitive and not being done to this degree elsewhere. It has brought so much enjoyment to so many and revealed so much we would have never noticed.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

A great go-to list of important and enjoyable releases. Words fail. Thank you, Lord Reith, for everything you've done over the years, and especially this year!
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:08 am
2021 COLLECTION

KINFOUNDED

Not yet shared

Very intriguing.
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

I absolutely love LR's work. I feel he is on the same page as any of us who have collected boots for decades and shelled out some serious cash for our insatiable love of THE best Rock and Roll band the world has ever seen.

It's a very generous thing he has done at, no doubt, considerable cost to himself. A free gift to us all on BDB and previously BZ.

Thank You M'Lord.

P.S as advised, I've requested a re-up of You Become Naked elsewhere. Seem to have missed that somehow.