A list of my stuff

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Rupert Pupkin

Re: My stuff

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I'm searching "KINFOUNDED" - it's not shared so far ? the title is intrigued; of course that makes me think of Kinfaus material...
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RalphEdenbag wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:31 pm Thank to the lord for his excellent work.
By chance, does anyone have a tracklisting link for monolonger vol. 1 ? I was cleaning my hard drive and believe I partially deleted this volume by mistake (unless it has only 7 tracks)
That would be great
It only has seven songs and they're all on Abracadabra.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:00 am I'm searching "KINFOUNDED" - it's not shared so far ? the title is intrigued; of course that makes me think of Kinfaus material...
I haven't finished it yet. Hopefully it will be done before the year is out.
Eric_Manchester

Post by Eric_Manchester »

Also adding my thanks for all the amazing work you've done. If it were only collating all this material into sensible and well-organized packages, that would be amazing enough, but you've also managed to make them more enjoyable. You have a light hand when doing these modifications, and I like the philosophy behind the work you've done. It meshes well with my general sensibilities.

I'm also impressed with the ease with which you discard earlier experiments for the newer ones. While I'm sure you're pleased with the results of the things you share with us, it seems your main satisfaction comes from doing it for yourself and the pleasure it gives others. You don't hunger for status or recognition, but only ask that you be credited for the work you've done. You've earned a high status in our minds, though, because of the work that you've done and the generous way you've allowed us to experience it as well. We've all benefited from your curiosity and passion.
Leaping Armadillos

Post by Leaping Armadillos »

Here is the link for disc 1 only of the First Play at Shea DVD.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/BtgyzJZL#LWXLIeVghwSQ65vMQ_FUVQ
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Eric_Manchester wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:16 am Also adding my thanks for all the amazing work you've done. If it were only collating all this material into sensible and well-organized packages, that would be amazing enough, but you've also managed to make them more enjoyable. You have a light hand when doing these modifications, and I like the philosophy behind the work you've done. It meshes well with my general sensibilities.

I'm also impressed with the ease with which you discard earlier experiments for the newer ones. While I'm sure you're pleased with the results of the things you share with us, it seems your main satisfaction comes from doing it for yourself and the pleasure it gives others. You don't hunger for status or recognition, but only ask that you be credited for the work you've done. You've earned a high status in our minds, though, because of the work that you've done and the generous way you've allowed us to experience it as well. We've all benefited from your curiosity and passion.
Thanks for your kind words. I've always remixed and revised, long before there was an internet. I remember doing a Please Please Me remix in 1986, by running the left channel through a stereo simulator I had built out of Tandy/Radio Shack parts and mixing it with the right channel centred. I think a lot of us "old timers" probably had a stab at improving things back in those days, but it was very limited what you could do and became expensive because instead of software applications you had lots and lots of boxes, which cost money or had to be made from scratch. Something I can do now in the blink of an eye now might once have taken an entire afternoon.

I do still do it mainly for myself, but if it were ONLY me I would not be so motivated. I would never bother doing artwork for instance, and I probably wouldn't include songs that I don't really like or listen to. So it's half for me and half what I think other people would like. And of course, if I were doing it alone I would not have benefitted from all the expertise and material that other fans provide on a regular basis. So it's definitely a mutually beneficial relationship. But in the end, I just want to be able to listen to the music in good sound.

Myself, I'm always mightily impressed with the prolific work of some of the other guys here. BZ happily brought a lot of like minds together and this place has continued to foster that. And best of all, we all get along with each other. :)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Courtesy of Leaping Armadillos, most of the pre-2021 titles now have links. :)
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Eric_Manchester said almost everything but I join the others to said Many thanks for your good work.

I knew about you when the Original The Beatles: The BBC Archives [2015] set see the light of the day. You earned the respect of the Bootlegzone Community and wasn't the only once. Many other projects was coming with the years and now anyone can say: https://c.tenor.com/_Fvgs-hDVBoAAAAC/meme-movie.gif

You have brought us the best sources even at the cost of your own expense for that reason you're a important part in our community. Your voice is a voice of almost an autority.

I like your compilations projects with a topic, period of time, etc more than your remixes, remastered, etc projects (like ABRACADABRA, EVOLVER, etc) because I don´t know when you come back with another track's variation and I have to start the process from the beginning jajaja.

It would be great if you consider reveal us some about your used sources only in case the stuff comes from the same source as another set -Purple Chick's Strong Before Our Birth for example-. We wouldn't do our own versions with your original sources, word. But we need to know what is duplicated in our collections to have it once only.

Finally, what about a definitive version of the Decca Tapes?, you can use some of the deverbing technology married to the new demixing technology to create a balanced simulation of a stereo audience recording.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:09 am Eric_Manchester said almost everything but I join the others to said Many thanks for your good work.

It would be great if you consider reveal us some about your used sources only in case the stuff comes from the same source as another set -Purple Chick's Strong Before Our Birth for example-. We wouldn't do our own versions with your original sources, word. But we need to know what is duplicated in our collections to have it once only.

Finally, what about a definitive version of the Decca Tapes?, you can use some of the deverbing technology married to the new demixing technology to create a balanced simulation of a stereo audience recording.
Thanks. I don't use anything from other fan's projects as a rule, although I did use PC's edits of the quarrymen instrumentals as the basis for more work. The only boots I use are the old ones from the 70s/80s/90s. There hasn't been more than a few boots with new material in the last 20 years (although there have been some new live/Get Back ones probably, but I generally don't work on those).

I've done some experiments with Decca recently but not got much I was happy with.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
burningfool

Post by burningfool »

Lord Reith, I've got a folder on my hard drive called "In The Laptops Of The Gods" that dates back to 2018, or at least that's the date on my folder. Do you want this shared again, or would you prefer that it remain quietly resting in my library?

I copied your comments as you posted the files on the old Bootlegzone forum - here they are:
=========================================================================================

MONEY take 7 twin track AND MORE!

Money
======
Feb 18
Money, without the piano, in twin track stereo.

csnyfan wrote:
The right channel has evidently been processed with an FFT-based isolation approach. The intro appears to be edited on from a different source - there is slight drum bleed on the original intro and it does not quite line up with the new intro. Nice job nonetheless

Ha ha! You guys are too clever. Yes I faked the intro out of bits and pieces just to see if anyone would spot it. I confess all!

Despite that, this is what the lost twin track probably would have sounded like. The stereo mix on the lp is some weird thing with the vocals in the centre, which is really odd for that period. As a kid I always wondered why that one song was different.

Being able to hear John's vocal separately shines new light on the track. Notice the clapping during the middle solo? I reckon that is George. His usual guitar part is missing and I guess that was earmarked by George Martin for piano right from the start. Poor George always got the thin end of the wedge didn't he?

Also at 2'41" John's voice cracks.

On the Itunes Bootleg they had a piano-less version, but in mono! Here it is stereo for the first time anywhere so far as I know.

I Want To Hold Your Hand
========================
Feb 20
Okay, continuing on here's a reconstruction of the original take of I want To Hold Your Hand before the overdubs (clapping, guitar and extra vocals).

"Hang on," I hear you say, "Didn't you do that on Minus 1!"

Well I did. But this is a different mix, with the voices in the centre and George's guitar on the right. So exactly like the common stereo release, but without the overdubs. So familiar sounding but different and weird and rather cool.

Love You To
===========
Feb 21
Here's something really weird for you. This is Love You To, but without all the sitars and stuff. It's just George on acoustic guitar plus tambourine, some sort of deep Indian drum and a bit of distorted guitar played with a volume pedal. Almost like a demo.

The Fool On The Hill
====================
Feb 22
Jeff Hitz wrote:
Love the name which you've chosen for this project - "In the Laptops of the Gods and the Hands of the Beatles Fans"!

Would have made a great title for the contents of Giles Martin's laptop, but somewhow I doubt we'll ever get that lucky... not unless someone here has a spare zero day exploit!

Anyway, we'll continue with the next best thing: digital alchemy. Here is take 4 of Fool On The Hill (the one heard on Anthology) but with fewer overdubs. There's just one recorder and no cymbals.

And just to show you what was taken out, there is a second file with just the overdubs: two more recorder parts (heaven help us wasn't one enough?), some rather clumsy sounding cymbals and a bit more piano. Thankfully Paul decided not to take up the recorder professionally! :lol:

Any Time At All
===============
Feb 23
Okay, on Minus 1 I included a mix of Any Time At All with a single tracked John vocal. Here is the vocal overdub he added after that, and also some piano.

Isn't It A Pity
===============
Feb 23
In a slightly different line this time, here is a dry mix of George's demo of Isn't It A Pity from 1969. For some reason when it was released it was smothered in reverb to make it sound like George was singing in a cave. Here I've removed most of that to retrieve the original.

For me this is George's best song. The lyric is simple, beautiful and profound. Equal to Imagine in my estimation.

Bad Boy
=======
Feb 25
Okay, bring on the go-go dancers, it's time for the swinging backing track to Bad Boy daddyo!
Actually a pretty good instrumental! And the solo sounds quite different. And John doing a "Star Club" on rhthm guitar.

Penny Lane
==========
Feb 26
Today we have a stripped down mix of Penny Lane, without drums and bass and with vocals panned hard right-left.

I Should Have Known Better
==========================
Feb 28
[I wasn't around yesterday so here are two new ones to make up for it. These are different vocals for two tracks included on Minus 1 - I Should Have Known Better and Baby's In Black]

First up is I Should Have Known Better in a stereo mix with John's second vocal on the left. You'll notice he only sings certain parts. His voice is a bit different from the other vocal on M1 and he phrases things differently too.

Baby's In Black
================
Feb 28

After that is a really interesting one: the vocal overdubs for Baby's In Black. Most of it is just John singing his part without Paul, but get a load of the very high harmony from Paul beginning at 1'49". I had never noticed before that this last verse is in three part harmony!

Rock And Roll Music
===================
Mar 1
Here's the stereo backing track to Rock And Roll Music, which really cooks!

I'll Cry Instead
================
Mar 3
Okay here's two new ones: first is a different vocal take of I'll Cry Instead to that on Minus 1, with plenty of tambourine and acoustic guitar thrown in;

I'm Down
========
Mar 3
[Okay here's two new ones:] second is the backing track to I'm Down, which features the Beatles' wonderful doo-wop backing vocals (reminiscent of what they did on My Bonnie four years previous!) Also if you listen to the right channel during the guitar solo you'll hear faintly the old guitar solo which was wiped. This track also shows how there were two different organ parts - one a solo (not heard here) and a more generic one buried in the mix.