Does anyone have a vinyl rip of "The Quarrymen Rehearse With Stu Sutcliff Spring 1960"

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
AllTogetherNow

Re: Does anyone have a rip of this rare lp?

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:20 am
Mixerrog wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:36 am LR,

I hope someone can share a disc transfer of the one your looking for also so we could all hear it to.

The one I found "The Beatles - You Might As Well Call Us The Quarrymen" has the first song titled "I Lost My Little Girl" that is only 1:17 long & a much newer good stereo recording that could not have been done way back by the Quarrymen IMO also.

Rog
Rog could you please upload YMAWCUTQ so I can listen to it again. It was a long time ago now.
Hi
I have "The Quarrymen At Home" not the one you asked for but if any interest , just mention it.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you Mixerrog very kind.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I've been trying to recall for some time what boot introduced me to those recordings and that's it!
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

Mixerrog wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:11 pm LR,

You can grab it with PW of 092849 for 1 week at hxxps://we.tl/t-Y67ZU6rRV6

The first song is clearly not from that early time & don't know where it came from - maybe you do?

Rog
First track is from Paul's Unplugged album/performance
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks Rog.

The search continues... help us find the mystery Quarrymen disc...
Last edited by Lord Reith on Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojofilter

Re: Does anyone have a vinyl rip of "The Quarrymen Rehearse With Stu Sutcliff Spring 1960"

Post by mojofilter »

I didn't see this thread until just now. I have this album. Not played more than once, if even that. Give me a couple of hours, and you'll have it, too.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Lord Reith

Re: Does anyone have a vinyl rip of "The Quarrymen Rehearse With Stu Sutcliff Spring 1960"

Post by Lord Reith »

On a related matter, I have been able to remove the artificial echo that was added to all the instrumentals that first appeared on the double lp "Liverpool may 1960". While this album contains mostly jams, it also has Hallelujah and I'll Follow The Sun splattered with echo (which appear clean on YMAWCUTQ/TQAH etc). Removing this horrid echo actually makes the jams almost listenable. In fact, two of them (I Don't Need No Cigarette Boy and I Don't Know) have a lot of vocals and are quite interesting. Listening to these, it seems to me that what they actually were doing was teaching Stu bass, and since 95% of their repetiore consisted of songs based on a standard 12 bar blues progression, what better way to instruct him than to jam the blues in various keys?

Anyway, stay tuned.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

mojofilter wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:46 am I didn't see this thread until just now. I have this album. Not played more than once, if even that. Give me a couple of hours, and you'll have it, too.
OH YES!

You're my new best friend. :)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:08 pm I have "The Quarrymen At Home" not the one you asked for but if any interest , just mention it.
Regards
ATN
Thanks! Actually I have that one though so no need.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Btw mojofilter could you please post the rip in stereo (ie: not fold down to mono)?