Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
sunnylew

Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

Post by sunnylew »

I was listening to a podcast this week, and one of the hosts mentioned that a full transcript was "out there" if you knew where to look.

Does anyone have copy of this?

I know that Doug Sulpy originally transcribed the tapes for DDSI but was stopped from publishing direct transcripts, could this be the source?
bobzilla

Re: Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

Post by bobzilla »

There was a discussion started on BZ and continued here where there was an attempt at transcripts. It's by no means complete, but it's something. If someone has a more complete transcript, I would love a copy too. But in the mean time, here's what I have...

hxxps://we.tl/t-P5ItDMgmCF
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

bobzilla wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:34 am There was a discussion started on BZ and continued here where there was an attempt at transcripts. It's by no means complete, but it's something. If someone has a more complete transcript, I would love a copy too. But in the mean time, here's what I have...

Hi Bobzilla! Does this link work? I actually can't open it
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition
MrP

Post by MrP »

yes it works fine
did you change xx to tt
Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:16 am
bobzilla wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:34 am There was a discussion started on BZ and continued here where there was an attempt at transcripts. It's by no means complete, but it's something. If someone has a more complete transcript, I would love a copy too. But in the mean time, here's what I have...

Hi Bobzilla! Does this link work? I actually can't open it
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Yep, those are my partial transcripts from more than twenty years ago (ca. 1996-2000). If anyone wants to fill in the blanks, I'd love to have more complete versions! It's rumoured that Mark Lewisohn has a full set.
tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

Thank you beatlesondvd and bobzilla!
I'm a little surprised that a full transcript, or multiple competing transcripts, isn't available at this late date.
I began work on my own in the early '90s, when the available Nagra collection was fragmentary.
I don't think I got very far, and I don't know where it is today - burned into a CD-ROM archive in a drawer, maybe. I'll try to dig it up (not for the first time) and post it if I find it.
fwiw I found that the task required establishing strict conventions for how to render speech that's trailing off, interrupted, simultaneous, ambiguous, garbled, etc.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

beatlesondvd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:36 pm Yep, those are my partial transcripts from more than twenty years ago (ca. 1996-2000). If anyone wants to fill in the blanks, I'd love to have more complete versions! It's rumoured that Mark Lewisohn has a full set.
I honestly couldn't remember who had posted them originally or I would have given the proper credit. It is now noted in my folder. Thank you again!
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

bobzilla wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:23 pmI honestly couldn't remember who had posted them originally or I would have given the proper credit. It is now noted in my folder. Thank you again!
No worries.
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

A very belated thank you.

I look forward to reading through this.