Abbey Road (Black Triangle)

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Kusaywa

Re: Abbey Road (Black Triangle)

Post by Kusaywa »

Thanks for this beatlesnyttigt
longoeduardo

Post by longoeduardo »

Thank you so much for this :)
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

BIG thanks for the de-emphasized version. This may be my go-to listen now.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

I am having problems with the download of the pre-emphasis version ... The unzip fails or the download is empty (4 attempts). Am I the only one experiencing those problems ?
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

both files unzipped fine for me
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Ok, I will give it another try. ..
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:50 pm Here are both
Abbey Road (1983 Black Triangle Japanese "pre-emphasis" version) CD
hXXps://we.tl/t-3cXRBhfJeW
Abbey Road (1983 Japan Toshiba Black Triangle) CD
hXXps://we.tl/t-tWCNhSXjRI
Hope they are what you want, cheers :) Robert
I guess the second one (non-re-emphasis) is a de-emphasized version? Same as mine from previous pages of this thread?
Yves
Carose

Post by Carose »

Please excuse my lack of knowledge , and I don't know one from the other with this 1983 Black Triangle Abbey Road CD , but given the release of the Abbey Road 2019 remix , wouldn't that release make this Black Triangle obsolete ?? Thanks.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Carose wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:02 pm Please excuse my lack of knowledge , and I don't know one from the other with this 1983 Black Triangle Abbey Road CD , but given the release of the Abbey Road 2019 remix , wouldn't that release make this Black Triangle obsolete ?? Thanks.
Not at all. This CD was made using a 30 ips flat transfer copy of the master tape if I recall correctly. No additional eq or compression was applied. And the fact that it was done in 1983 means the tape was only 14 years old when the copy was made. A modern remix would never supersede the original stereo mix.
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

Thank you beatlesnyttigt for the re-up, I must have missed this thread the first time around.

Totally confused now though of what versions these two current download discs actually are. When I play both sets of files on my iMac thru VLC player, I can't hear any real difference between them. I was expecting the pre-emphasis version to sound terribly treble but it doesn't to me. More oddness, if these are supposed to be from the same original Japan discs, only half of the track timings match up between these two sets. The files marked pre-emphasis total out 47:26, and the other set totals out at 47:24. I would have thought the track sectors would always match up on every track from the same mastering when the logs included claim they were both accurately ripped.

Is the second set in this re-up still the "Abbey Road (1983, Toshiba-EMI, CP35-3016, JP, Pre-Emphasis) (Toshiba Black Triangle) de-emph in sox _ norm in izotope" shared earlier? There is no info included indicating that. I'm guessing that was the same files of ianbuckers that was deemed one of the best conversions? This "Abbey Road (1983 Japan Toshiba Black Triangle) CD" set of files included in the re-up is ianbuckers conversion, or no? Hopefully someone can clear this all up so I/we know for sure what exactly these files are now. Thanks again to all.