Abbey Road (Black Triangle)

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
longoeduardo

Abbey Road (Black Triangle)

Post by longoeduardo »

Hello Good morning, can you upload Abbey Road (Black Triangle) CD, thank you very much
Tex

Re: Abbey Road (Black Triangle)

Post by Tex »

longoeduardo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm Hello Good morning, can you upload Abbey Road (Black Triangle) CD, thank you very much
Which version? There was a LONG thread on this recently.

With the original pre-emphasis intact to play on a real CD player that decodes it correctly???

With the original pre-emphasis removed with a plugin or DAW setting to approximate a proper decode???

Only one of the digital decodes I've heard actually sounds correct to me. The other was wayyyyy off like not even very good sounding on an objective scale.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Engonoceras wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:16 pm
longoeduardo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm Hello Good morning, can you upload Abbey Road (Black Triangle) CD, thank you very much
Which version? There was a LONG thread on this recently.

With the original pre-emphasis intact to play on a real CD player that decodes it correctly???

With the original pre-emphasis removed with a plugin or DAW setting to approximate a proper decode???

Only one of the digital decodes I've heard actually sounds correct to me. The other was wayyyyy off like not even very good sounding on an objective scale.
Been here before Engono.

A digital decode via a plug-in or DAW that's programmed with the correct de-emp curve (which is pretty simple so they really can't get it wrong) will 100% be as the master that was used to create the pre-emp CD.

Your "wayyyyy off like not even very good sounding" is comparing it to a rip made with an analogue de-emp circuit within a CD player. Not only will they have not been 100% accurate back in the day but also the nature of analogue electronics will suggest strongly that the accuracy will have changed as the components with the CD player age. They could get father out but also closer to correct...but you cannot know.

A DAW will do it right EVERY time.
Tex

Post by Tex »

ianbuckers wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm Your "wayyyyy off like not even very good sounding" is comparing it to a rip made with an analogue de-emp circuit within a CD player. Not only will they have not been 100% accurate back in the day but also the nature of analogue electronics will suggest strongly that the accuracy will have changed as the components with the CD player age. They could get father out but also closer to correct...but you cannot know.

A DAW will do it right EVERY time.
I agree it can be done accurately but one digital method did not match yours tonally. I recall yours was the best. You can't have TWO supposed digital methods mis-match each other tonally correct? That's my point here. That is what the other thread revealed in fact. The other decode was very muffled.

The guy is probably just wanting a good conversion. I'm just explaining there are versions. I've downloaded a supposed de-emphasized version in the past and it was simply not correct. So, he needs to gets multiple versions and decide for himself which is best. I'm trying to help here.
Last edited by Tex on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Here is Abbey Road 1983, Black Triangle, Toshiba-EMI, Japan, CP35-3016 with Pre-Emphasis removed...

hxxps://gofile.io/d/id8naN
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Here are both versions. Your move.

hxxps://we.tl/t-wPuobqxTTS
Yves
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Thanks!!!
Tex

Post by Tex »

yymca6 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:04 pm Here are both versions. Your move.
[url]hxxps://we.tl/t-wPuobqxTTS[/url]
Which versions? Which decodes? Whose move? Is this a chess game? The last thread I don't recall a many bystanders giving an objective opinion on any version. They all sounded different to me. We need a new thread with a full on Toshiba Abbey Road decode shootout using just one song. We should be able to get maybe 5 different decodes/conversions. Ian's is fine by the way. I'd also like to see a thread where people try to remaster the same song from the Toshiba. The Toshiba sounds fantastic but I think it's a little deficient in the lower mids at least compared to other reference material.
Last edited by Tex on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Engonoceras wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:14 pm
yymca6 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:04 pm Here are both versions. Your move.
[url]hxxps://we.tl/t-wPuobqxTTS[/url]
Which versions? Which decodes? Whose move? Is this a chess game? The last thread I don't recall a many bystanders giving an objective opinion on any version. That's what I'd like to see. We need a new thread with a full on Toshiba Abbey Road decode shootout using just one song. We should be able to get maybe 5 different decodes/conversions.
Abbey Road (1983, Toshiba-EMI, CP35-3016, JP, Pre-Emphasis) (Toshiba Black Triangle)
+
Abbey Road (1983, Toshiba-EMI, CP35-3016, JP, Pre-Emphasis) (Toshiba Black Triangle) de-emph in sox _ norm in izotope
Yves
Tex

Post by Tex »

Thanks! Too often things get posted and they leave out the important info and then you have download that has no provenance or proper description.