YELLOW SPLATTER MUSTARD

Fan created remixes and rare variations
jpa

Re: YELLOW SPLATTER MUSTARD

Post by jpa »

Thanks so much for everything. Just returned from vacation and am very busy downloading!
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Ok, On the topic of BBC recordings, I been doing some stereo mixes of BBC material, removing radio announcer from AI multi tracks, getting instruments close to studio sound quality, but my question is, has anyone noticed some of the artificial reverb in BBC material? I was trying to speed correct and stereo mix Donovan's BBC performance of Little Tin Soldier and the layer of digital echo stands out in the vocal track, and then when you go back to listening to the whole recording there is a tin canny sounding slight echo on the whole thing that seems to stand out like a sore thumb on the vocal track. I tried to play it through large bassy speakers with a studio drop mic to try to make the room noise sound natural on the vocals, but that digital echo just distorts on every test I tried. I found it on Rolling Stones and Hollies BBC stuff already too, but if it's mostly noticable on the music tracks the stereo placement of the instruments can sometimes help that. But the vocal track is a sore thumb at times for BBC stuff if the goal is to improve sound quality. The BEST I've had of clean up on tracks is hiss and like any vinyl scratches, most are always in the drum track.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

These are Really Great Twin Track Mixes . Thank You L.Reith for always sharing your Mixes.
studio2

Post by studio2 »

Many thanks for this and your endless curiosity. I don't know how you do half the stuff you do but so pleased you do.
Ta LaR.
ted

Post by ted »

The seperation on this is incredible; reminds me of the "Beware Of Abkco" boot!

Thx L.R. :!:
The Milky Bar Kid

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

The following isn't meant to sound like a criticism, but I think it's true to say that more actual working time might have been spent on preparing the cover than on preparing the two tracks presented. That's the way it is these days: twin track stereo mixes made from mono sources are easy and quick to make with the AI resources now available. I think some splattered mustard needs to be added to the cover for more visual impact, so the original poster could spend a bit more time, perhaps, on doing that. He doesn't need to morph into some Antipodean version of Jackson Pollock and slather the digital cover with digital paint, though!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock
Last edited by The Milky Bar Kid on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Off to a "flying" start!! Thank You LR!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:57 pm The following isn't meant to sound like a criticism, but I think it's true to say that more actual working time might have been spent on preparing the cover than on preparing the two tracks presented. That's the way it is these days: twin track stereo mixes made from mono sources are easy and quick to make with the AI resources now available. I think some splattered mustard needs to be added to the cover for more visual impact, so the original poster could spend a bit more time, perhaps, on doing that. He doesn't need to morph into some Antipodean version of Jackson Pollock and slather the digital cover with digital paint, though!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock
I did experiment with various mustard splatters for the cover but the truth of the matter is that our budget just didn't run to that kind of extravagance. We approached several prominent avante garde artists including Yoko but their fees were all too high. Of course, we could have just added some clip art mustard splatter from google but that would be crass. So we decided in the end to go with a "conceptual mustard splatter" and place the stain in question in the listener's mind.
JoeWadley wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:33 pm And, of course, the time consuming project of naming all these zip files.
I have created a special department of ten highly trained tea boys to come up with these.
Darth Kybiel wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 pm has anyone noticed some of the artificial reverb in BBC material? I was trying to speed correct and stereo mix Donovan's BBC performance of Little Tin Soldier and the layer of digital echo stands out in the vocal track, and then when you go back to listening to the whole recording there is a tin canny sounding slight echo on the whole thing that seems to stand out like a sore thumb on the vocal track.
I don't think it's digital reverb it is just the reverb they added at the time. A lot of the sessions were done in big theatres where they could separate part of the premises to use as an echo chamber for the vocals.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Mean Mister M. is back with a further four helpings...

https://tinyurl.com/expires-aug-1
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
The Milky Bar Kid

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

Hmmm......ham and mustard goes well together like Polythene Pam and Mustard. But that guy in the photo looks too friendly to be mean....though he's got his hands in the angry housewife position, so he might not be as friendly as he seemed at first glance.