Penny Lane (new remix multitrack)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
fishbeardsunset

Penny Lane (new remix multitrack)

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Guys- Another new mix from the 1967 era- always loved the sound of the trumpet on this one
which I have tried to maximise for your listening :roll:

Hope you Enjoy! 8-)

hxxps://gofile.io/d/FPSrz0
alphabeatles

Re: Penny Lane (new remix multitrack)

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks as always for your remixes!

In this case I notice a rough edit at 1:24.25. It can be improved with a R-channel fade out and L/R channel fade-in with a bit of a chop of extra audio in that area (I uploaded my fix, where the seam is a little less "noticeable"):

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/115foVnpvZK7BlhL13axxhtSgPAfl6Yeh/view?usp=sharing

At 2:43.97 (at "skies") there is a weird flutter like a stumbling drum roll that seems to be in other various remixes, but is more prominent here.

Funny story: I was listening to this in my headphones and someone with me said "What is that sound?" I asked what sound. They said it sounded like a duck. Turns out it was the end part of this remix ;-)
fishbeardsunset

Penny Lane.jpg
Penny Lane.jpg (396.49 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
alphabeatles wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:39 am Thanks as always for your remixes!

In this case I notice a rough edit at 1:24.25. It can be improved with a R-channel fade out and L/R channel fade-in with a bit of a chop of extra audio in that area (I uploaded my fix, where the seam is a little less "noticeable"):

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/115foVnpvZK7BlhL13axxhtSgPAfl6Yeh/view?usp=sharing

At 2:43.97 (at "skies") there is a weird flutter like a stumbling drum roll that seems to be in other various remixes, but is more prominent here.

Funny story: I was listening to this in my headphones and someone with me said "What is that sound?" I asked what sound. They said it sounded like a duck. Turns out it was the end part of this remix ;-)
Thanks for taking the trouble to "analyse" my remix. I am somewhat bemused, because the only edit I have carried out to the 3 multimix files which I think originated from "Multitracks Extra (Misterclaudel)" were at the very beginning of the track and right at the very end when I could hear part of a "voice" talkover or whatever it is. Now, I cannot discern exactly the "anomolies" that you refer to- which could be down to inherent characteristics in the audio settings of mine/your headphones and the eq setting that I set my preferred listening pre-sets to (hope that makes sense :?)

In any event, what matters most to me is if I like the finished sound and we all have very differing views on that subject! :roll: There is always going to be room for improvement especially with "ear fatigue" when I've gone to get another cold beer out of the fridge and had another listen and thought "that's not right!". You imparted a funny story- :D (which I thought was quackers.. ;) .).

Well, I nearly blew my ear drums off a few months back because I was trying to remix "Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland" (slightly off topic I know), but to date I could never get a decent sounding copy and even did my own needle drops but they sounded crap!. In the end I did manage to achieve a really decent sounding remix- and as my preferred listening is through a decent HI FI and burning to cd (old fashioned- who cares!) but ... my ears were ringing for about two weeks because of the drastic levels I had set my headphones to and had to stop listening to any music for a while!!!

Luckily, it was only a temporary issue but it emphasises the need to be very careful when using headphones! especially when mixing

Enough of this ranting :x ...- Thanks for your input - and now I'm off for another beer! :D
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks for your detailed reply!

I will agree to blame it on Misterclaudel, as that seems possible ;-). You can see the gap at 1:24.25 in the waveform of the stereo mixdown.

I didn't examine other mixes and isolations at that particular point but it might be interesting to do.

And yes, Jimi will shred your eardrums, be careful!
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much fishbeardsunset :)
fishbeardsunset

darod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 pm Thank you very much fishbeardsunset :)
and thank you Darod for kind words.. 8-) .)
Rui

Post by Rui »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:37 am :D Hi Guys- Another new mix from the 1967 era- always loved the sound of the trumpet on this one
which I have tried to maximise for your listening :roll:

Hope you Enjoy! 8-)

hxxps://gofile.io/d/FPSrz0
I Find It Very Similar On The Strawberry Fields Forever Remix Very Wide, I Enjoy It Very Much! Thank You For Posting! (I Can Find It Similar To Misterclaudel's Multitracks) ^v^
fishbeardsunset

:D Hi RUI Thanks again for you your comments- They are much appreciated 8-)
Tex

Post by Tex »

The existing mixes are pretty much perfect mixes IMO.

The 2017 Giles Martin remix despite being over-EQ'd (easily fixable) is probably the best version mix-wise (ie, panning and balance) and I usually dislike most of his remixes.
fishbeardsunset

:D Hi Guys, Considering this was originally posted on the 1st April (and not an April Fools joke :lol: !) - although some folks might think so, :roll: I am delighted to note it has currently reached 222 downloads. Thanks to those who gave it a listen.... 8-)