Beatles - Bottoms Up - another trip in stereo land!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Darth Kybiel

Beatles - Bottoms Up - another trip in stereo land!

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Beatles - Bottoms Up (link is at the bottom of description)

All are stereo. All had various levels of difficulty so hopefully there's a little bit of something in here for everyone.

First of all - All 'Jamming' tracks are largely de-yoko'ed from the Yoko Revolution #1 tape and in stereo. I am not going to keep retyping all the same information for those tracks. Every quiet bit in each separated track that was music was boosted with a slight bit of leveling and a slight bit of hiss removal from boosting volume. - yeah, I know someone did something similar which I didn't even check out yet, but mine was done weeks ago and already set up for this and I mostly focused on instrumental jams. I'm in no way competing and have full appreciation for the work of others so enjoy it all.

01 - Got To Get You Into My Life - Experimental separation of tracks and stripping as much brass as I could from the mono mix. Even though it sounds weird, it sounded like a trippy stereo mix.

02 - Keep Your Hands Off My Baby - BBC mixed into stereo - still captures that 'listening on an old radio' sound.

03 - Jamming

04 - It's Only Love - Total Stereo Remix - I literally wiped out all but one of Lennon's vocals then took each chorus and copied it to the opposite chorus to create a different double tracked sound to the choruses, and left out some music overdubs, and made Ringo's drums have a thundery bite to them. I think it sounds almost like the Rolling Stones' cover of Arthur Alexanders' 'You Better Move On' like this.

05 - Jamming

06 - I Am The Walrus - Takes 7-9 in enhanced stereo - This took me two days to do! I literally tried to get the monitor mixes closer to the session tapes. I made all the music into stereo, I literally normalized and studied the AI vocal track in every take multiple times to try to boost any sign of guide vocal in it's own track, but had to put the volume within reason not to ruin the mix. You can still hear the bits a little better though. The plus is that all the noodling between takes and the take announcements, I was able to mix better and clearer into the stereo mix.

07 - Jamming

08 - Can You Dig It - Snippet of a stereo mix

09 - Jamming

10 - Strawberry Fields Forever - Get Back sessions version - roll announcement and bleeps were removed from mAI from multitracks made from A and B rolls then all the best quality of each track was used to make a stereo mix.

11 - Something - Take 37 acetate in stereo - I stuck with the acetate so I could enjoy doing the end jam in stereo.

12 - Don't Let Me Down - I've Got A Feeling - Eliminated any bleeps and all and tried making multi tracks out of A and B rolls again - this time I tried to do a stereo mix that sounds close to the Unreleased Get Back album's stereo.

13 - Got To Get You Into My Life - mono mix in stereo - yeah, not the best mono needle drop, but I had horrible tracks from CLEAN mono mixes, whereas this rougher needle drop gave nice multitracks to make solid stereo separation without all the brass bleeding like you hear in the sample results of track 1's early 'clean mono mix' results as I gave up, lol.

14 - Tomorrow Never Knows - Stereo Remix made from Mono Matrix 1 and Mono Matrix 2 multitracks. Made for fun so I already know the vocals from mono matrix 2 were at a slightly off speed.

fixed link! Sorry! :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Darth Kybiel on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeatleGuy1949

Re: Beatles - Bottoms Up - another trip in stereo land!

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Hi Darth Kybiel,

Can you please make this link sharable. Than You!!
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Yes, Please Post The Google Drive Download Link . I did Request the Link for an e-mail , but i did not receive one back . Thank You .
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

There, trying again! New at trying to use google drive. Sorry about that. This link should work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Excellent!! The link works. Thank you so much. Looking forward to giving it a listen.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Yes , Thank You for posting the download Link . I appreciate it . ( i also have a small problem posting audio with google drive. when i post , it shows a big grey box that takes up a lot of space , instead of just showing a download link ! )
B-ED

Post by B-ED »

Thank you!
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Wonderful -- thank you DK! Very much looking forward to these 8-)
—Keith
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

I know it will seem a little different from some other people's stuff. Different days I picked different tracks and when I stereo mixed them I would treat each one or two differently. Sometimes I'd totally remix, or sometimes I'd try to create a modern sound out of the AI tracks, sometimes I'd try to get poor quality to sound closer to a master source in sound. Instead of trying to please one or two types of collectors I figured I'd create a little bit of something for everyone.

I am slowly figuring out a volume 2. Since voume 1 has a leaning more toward John feel, volume 2's tracks will slightly lean more towards Paul tracks. I'm trying to dig for more obscure material that people haven't done tons of times.
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Darth Kybiel :)