Fan created remixes and rare variations
moptophugger

Re: The Beatles Do The Splits

Post by moptophugger »

What does Without The Beatles have?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

C90 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:51 pm Beatles do the splits? Never mind Apple, should be released on the Banana label :mrgreen:
Here is the label logo:

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
maul

Post by maul »

It Won't Be Long's Right channel is a dream come true :)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

maul wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 pm It Won't Be Long's Right channel is a dream come true :)
Fascinating isn't it? Now whenever I''m listening to It Won't Be Long I make a point of singing loudly along with the backing vocals! It has driven me nuts for decades trying to work out what they were singing in the background.

Also, this is pretty unusual for 1963 isn't it? I mean, they didn't usually do counterpoint at that stage. You'd have expected some straight "ooooooo"s at that point in the song, but instead this weird counterpoint part comes out of nowhere. Had they heard The Beach Boys do it, I wonder?
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 am
maul wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 pm It Won't Be Long's Right channel is a dream come true :)
Fascinating isn't it? Now whenever I''m listening to It Won't Be Long I make a point of singing loudly along with the backing vocals! It has driven me nuts for decades trying to work out what they were singing in the background.

Also, this is pretty unusual for 1963 isn't it? I mean, they didn't usually do counterpoint at that stage. You'd have expected some straight "ooooooo"s at that point in the song, but instead this weird counterpoint part comes out of nowhere. Had they heard The Beach Boys do it, I wonder?
The way their "You're comin' home" part scoops up is bonkers!

Also, Paul's harmony vocal on "All My Loving" will ALWAYS enchant me. He and George always killed it in live versions.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thanks for your work Lord
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

moptophugger wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:47 pm What does Without The Beatles have?
Its just crude instrumentals, basically just one side of the stereo i think. I found it online many years ago.

moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

Oh, ok
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

These are fantastic, LR. I don't think I can listen to the regular versions after this. We are hearing these 3 songs the way they should have been recorded back in 1963.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jgjohnson wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:49 pm These are fantastic, LR. I don't think I can listen to the regular versions after this. We are hearing these 3 songs the way they should have been recorded back in 1963.
Thanks. The process is pretty hit and miss though on most songs. Never knows whether to take the harmony or the lead.

I intend to experiment with singing the harmony along with the recording and using that to instruct the software what it needs to look for.