The Beatles Do The Splits

Fan created remixes and rare variations
alphabeatles

Re: The Beatles Do The Splits

Post by alphabeatles »

So when do we get "Lord Reith Sings The Beatles"-? Add in the George Martin Orchestra if needed.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

alphabeatles wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:41 am So when do we get "Lord Reith Sings The Beatles"-? Add in the George Martin Orchestra if needed.
Only my neighbours get that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

oooo, intriguing, thanks.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Could this technology, that seperates a vocal track, be used to identify something like the veil of distortion that is on the tape of the Beatles first 2 BBC performances, and then get rid of it? I suppose that has been tried already
Tex

Post by Tex »

jgjohnson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 am Could this technology, that seperates a vocal track, be used to identify something like the veil of distortion that is on the tape of the Beatles first 2 BBC performances, and then get rid of it? I suppose that has been tried already
Of course just use Yoko's voice as the training model of the distortion.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:50 am
jgjohnson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 am Could this technology, that seperates a vocal track, be used to identify something like the veil of distortion that is on the tape of the Beatles first 2 BBC performances, and then get rid of it? I suppose that has been tried already
Of course just use Yoko's voice as the training model of the distortion.

Ha ha!

You could drastically improve the quality of some of the BBC tapes by synthesising the missing top octave. Currently there are only "dumb" ways of doing this and they are not good enough to work on poor sources. But a "clever" algorithm that has been trained on a wide variety of music should in theory be able to do it. I expect this to happen within the next five years.
Ants

Post by Ants »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 am
maul wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 pm It Won't Be Long's Right channel is a dream come true :)
Fascinating isn't it? Now whenever I''m listening to It Won't Be Long I make a point of singing loudly along with the backing vocals! It has driven me nuts for decades trying to work out what they were singing in the background.

Also, this is pretty unusual for 1963 isn't it? I mean, they didn't usually do counterpoint at that stage. You'd have expected some straight "ooooooo"s at that point in the song, but instead this weird counterpoint part comes out of nowhere. Had they heard The Beach Boys do it, I wonder?
What do they exactly say?
"You, left me here on my own, now you're coming home home, I know you should come home"?
You know, English is not my first language. :P
Fabricio4322

Post by Fabricio4322 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:08 am Three songs from With The Beatles with backing vocals split off from the lead vocals.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-july-24
It is possible to apply the same technique in songs from the Please Please Me album?
Also it is possible to do the same thing in I Wanna Be Your Man, This Boy, Little Child and Not A Second Time.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ants wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 pm What do they exactly say?
"You, left me here on my own, now you're coming home home, I know you should come home"?
You know, English is not my first language. :P
Close:

Yooooooooou left me here on my oooown
Now you're comin' on hooooome
Yes you're comin' on hooooooooooome
Fabricio4322 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:27 pm It is possible to apply the same technique in songs from the Please Please Me album?
Also it is possible to do the same thing in I Wanna Be Your Man, This Boy, Little Child and Not A Second Time.
Yes but it's hit and miss. I haven't tried many more as yet I've been too busy but will give those a go.
Ants

Post by Ants »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:19 amClose:

Yooooooooou left me here on my oooown
Now you're comin' on hooooome
Yes you're comin' on hooooooooooome
Thank you, now I can hear that too! :D