Instrumental Mind Games

Fan created remixes and rare variations
moptophugger

Re: Instrumental Mind Games

Post by moptophugger »

lennonology wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:00 am What did you use for your source. The original mix or the 2002 remix?
I used the Japanese 2007 remix. It was the most recent one I could find.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

beatlesondvd wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:35 am Thanks! More, please! I'd love to hear instrumental versions of 'Walls and Bridges', 'Rock 'n' Roll' and 'Double Fantasy'
Did you try isolating the vocals? Was that not successful?
I won't isolate the vocals because that's a bit boring for me but I'll do another instrumental Lennon album later!
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

Cool. Thanks.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

the remix version (with bonus trax) went "too far". "Meat City" is an alternate mix. (for instance, they butchered the blast guitar by reducing significantly the sound effect; ruining Lennon's intention)
You should try with the last remaster version (let's say, for instance, the one from the last Lennon box set) you will get some different results.

Perfect instrumental version of "Tight A$", oddly enough - and I hope that Lord Reith will have an ear on two on this - I have never paid attention to that before (Lennon should have stick with the lovely melody of "Sally and Billy" unreleased song as taped on piano in 1970 instead) but "Only People" has an instrumental part which is totally recycled from "Getting Better" : "well I know how we tried; the million of tears..." (with the same bass line that McCartney), then again... (I'm not sure but McCartney wrote alone Getting Better or this was much more a McCartney/Lennon collaboration than Lennon adding "can't get more worse" ? Did they cowrote the song together ?)
The early rough mix arrangement from Absolute Elsewhere Vigotone box set, more "jumpy" with the saxophone is far better.
But really it's a fascinating instrumental mix with electric keyboard predominant.

That makes a Beatles nostalghia reference : the other obvious being the arpeggio riff from "I Know I Know" (which is damned good) but is it another version around "I've Got A Feeling" (which can be a variation from "Suspicious Mind" Elvis Presley (remember how Paul perhaps took "Daddy don't Cry" arpeggio for "love is long" on his Ram album.)

And it's nice to hear Lennon's playing some guitar arpeggio behind the 4 chords riff from Mind Games 'the song) which sounds like another arpeggio-style a-la Donovan from Julia to Look At Me.
Not Mentioning the great middle-8 reggae bass-line
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Very interesting hearing it this way. I'd love to hear others if you decide to do them.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

I will tomorrow, I'm too busy making a list on bootlegs I don't currently have right now
iso74

Post by iso74 »

Any chance someone could re-up this?
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

2nd that, could someone re-upload mind games

Thanks
lopez7

Post by lopez7 »

Would repost of this cd be possible?Thanks in advance.
PaquitoRock

Post by PaquitoRock »

Can anyone repost this please.
Thank you very much.