Fan created remixes and rare variations
BeatleGuy1949

Re: X-minus website extractions

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You ToddS!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MP3J wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:34 pm Thank you. My next mix (WTF 80...all 4 volumes of it) is ready to roll, i'll post it here in the next few days.
A bumper crop!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

lennonology wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:22 pm X-minus will no longer let me into the site without registration.
When I go to register, it says that registration is not possible from my IP Address.
What are the dangers of logging into the site using Facebook?

Thanks -
Chip
Try using VPN.

I am not sure what's the purpose for registering at X-minus? if only to publish my just-made backing tracks at their website?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

zaval80 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:51 am
I am not sure what's the purpose for registering at X-minus? if only to publish my just-made backing tracks at their website?
You get 320kb/s mp3 instead of 220.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I've just listen to the X-minus extractions from Frank Zappa's own live mix of "Well Baby Please Don't Go" at the Fillmore (thanks a lot by the way cybermedios) on his CD/album "Playground Psychotics" (it's, in fact, a edit - different than the Sometime in New York City live - but, in fact the song was longer : with 2 guitar solo by Frank Zappa, and a keyboard solo, so more vocals by John Lennon)- someone made a composite using the video source (which has John Lennon rhythm guitar Epiphone in the front of the mix predominant) combining Zappa's Playground Psychotics and the edit from Sometime In New York City.

well, apparently the I.A does not consider Yoko's screaming as vocals. So we got Yoko vocals in the instrumental version of Playground Psychotics-Well, Baby Please don't go.

BUT, for the first time, John's voice is isolated thanks to the member here who tried with X-minus.
John's voice only- not "interlaced" with Yoko's scream (what we got with all previous audio-Yoko-Oh-No OOPS filters/approach was the 2 voices John + Yoko combined)

thus, I think that the ultimate challenge: creating at last! a live performance of John's voice only minus Yoko screaming of "Well, Baby Please Don't Go" is not that far away.
But I don't have the skills.

I can clean-up (there are still some audio artefacts) the track with John's voice isolated by A.I minus from Playground Psychotics.

Now we should try all the different source (Sometime in New York City, etc...) to check if we can get an almost instrumental track of "Well Baby Please Don't Go".
If this can be achieved with A.I minus or any software, now it could be possible to remix John's voice isolated thanks to X-minus (after having clean-up a little bit the audio track) with the "instrumental" live performance, so we could get a John's voice predominant minus Yoko screaming on this great live performance.

I think that it is really worth trying, because if the next official deluxe box set turns out to be Sometime In New York City I really doubt that they would or could release (because Yoko's screaming is bleeding all the way through the tracks) a John's voice-only live performance of Well Baby Please Don't Go.
Thus, that's worth trying.

PS: the isolations are on this thread; 2 pages "behind"
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:12 am

thus, I think that the ultimate challenge: creating at last! a live performance of John's voice only minus Yoko screaming of "Well, Baby Please Don't Go" is not that far away.
But I don't have the skills.

I can clean-up (there are still some audio artefacts) the track with John's voice isolated by A.I minus from Playground Psychotics.

Now we should try all the different source (Sometime in New York City, etc...) to check if we can get an almost instrumental track of "Well Baby Please Don't Go".
If this can be achieved with A.I minus or any software, now it could be possible to remix John's voice isolated thanks to X-minus (after having clean-up a little bit the audio track) with the "instrumental" live performance, so we could get a John's voice predominant minus Yoko screaming on this great live performance.

I think that it is really worth trying, because if the next official deluxe box set turns out to be Sometime In New York City I really doubt that they would or could release (because Yoko's screaming is bleeding all the way through the tracks) a John's voice-only live performance of Well Baby Please Don't Go.
Thus, that's worth trying.
Yes it would be great to erase Yoko from John's many tracks :)

I did a test with two jamming tracks from Revolution sessions ... Yoko's famous recorded tapes!

Here are the results in Instrumental ... I have no word :)
I did this test in Lite version (with conversion to mp3), I didn't want to spoil my conversions in FLAC, in case Yoko resurfaces :lol: :lol: :lol:

The link (with add original sources included)
hxxps://we.tl/t-SkcpRUX3a1
beatlefan99

Post by beatlefan99 »

Amazing work on these guys

Thank you
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:47 am
MP3J wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:34 pm Thank you. My next mix (WTF 80...all 4 volumes of it) is ready to roll, i'll post it here in the next few days.
A bumper crop!
Yep, almost a years worth of stuff. I suppose i should just put out single volumes, but i'm lazy and can't be bothered until there's just too much to handle. I hate the typing.
Neal Nollie

Post by Neal Nollie »

Engonoceras wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:37 pm If you register you can use the higher quality extraction and output in FLAC instead of MP3

"Run For Your Life" scratch vocal
hxxps://we.tl/t-p9oBPfWMkU

Repost in FLAC
"Rock and Roll Music" instrumental. There's some volume pumping going on not sure if it is the extraction method or the "limiting" added in 2009.
hxxps://we.tl/t-OQM75zO4oZ

"Penny Lane" instrumental (2017 remix un-EQ'd)
hxxps://we.tl/t-2hFEUn2zLD
Hi
Love love your rock and roll music instrumental.
You can hear ringos drums especially the bass drum
Its absolutely rocking.
Fantastic.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

In my tests, the stem separations of the new Open-Unmix is better than what you can get from the X-minus files + you don't have to send any files anywhere. The output stems are 32 bit also which they do not provide.

I think there will be a GUI soon so will be much easier to use for those that do not know DOS & Python.

See my post about the new software.

Rog