Outfake of Glass Onion from the 90s.

Fan created remixes and rare variations
MarkRJones1970

Outfake of Glass Onion from the 90s.

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Did you hear this one back in the day? While obviously a fake it was pretty well done with lots of extra instruments added. It's track 4 of the 'More Sweet Apples Vol.2 1966-69' bootleg CD. I still listen to it every now and again, even though I know it's a dastardly fake track.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unaut ... et-apples/

And, the main reason for my post, did any one ever find out who made it?

And for those who have never heard it the bootleg itself can be downloaded here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=624
Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
ToddS

Re: Outfake of Glass Onion from the 90s.

Post by ToddS »

Yes , i still have it on tape from a different Boot CD years ago . I think the Boot CD was titled " Something Extra " from the late 1980's.( i could be wrong ) . I still enjoy listening to it . Its a good OutFake compared to other fakes .
SeaofGreen

Post by SeaofGreen »

It's funny how much speculation I've seen of this outfake over the years when the answer is surprisingly simple.

Some bootlegger took this 1971 instrumental cover and spliced the vocals over it.
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

SeaofGreen wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:10 pm It's funny how much speculation I've seen of this outfake over the years when the answer is surprisingly simple.

Some bootlegger took this 1971 instrumental cover and spliced the vocals over it.

Wow, Thanks, ive been looking for that cover for years....ever since i heard the "original" outfake in the early 90's when it was included as a hidden track on a Beatles Xmas Album CD.
P.S.....i just did my own version of that outfake, i couldn't resist :)
It's here... hxxps://we.tl/t-bDaV57xa6Q
Last edited by MP3J on Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

I remember that. Someone sent me an email saying it was from an obscure single Apple sent to the moon along with a extended mix of Happiness Is A Warm Gun to promote the White Album. Of course he was lying but I was young and dumb at the time that I believed him. I learnt that the HIAWG he sent to me was from Fab Forgeries. I thought the Glass Onion one was real until today. Ah, well, you don't get people emailing you outfakes anymore!
tanalour

Post by tanalour »

:o
But I want to listen that "an obscure single".
:mrgreen:
moptophugger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:29 pm I remember that. Someone sent me an email saying it was from an obscure single Apple sent to the moon along with a extended mix of Happiness Is A Warm Gun to promote the White Album. Of course he was lying but I was young and dumb at the time that I believed him. I learnt that the HIAWG he sent to me was from Fab Forgeries. I thought the Glass Onion one was real until today. Ah, well, you don't get people emailing you outfakes anymore!