Paperback Writer - Typewriter

Fan created remixes and rare variations
ruedabeat

Re: Paperback Writer - Typewriter

Post by ruedabeat »

I don´t hear any 1964 Selectric typewriter at all. What I hear is a "teleprinter keyboard". :shock:

href="">
Sheldi

Post by Sheldi »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:41 am You can do three things with a tambourine, either shake it or strike the skin or strike the rim.
Not quite accurate, m'lud. You can lick your thumb and run the moistened part over the skin. If you do this correctly, it creates a kind of tambourine roll. The singer in a folk band I used to watch did this onstage in several numbers.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

And if you're really good, you don't even need a tambourine.

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Tambourine is actually a great instrument. Unfortunately it has a reputation for being a kid's toy and many musicians lump it in the same category as the accordian. I never cared for it much until I played one without the skin. That makes a much nicer, janglier sound and as others here have commented you can do some incredibly subtle things with it. And it can actually sound like a typewriter, though I admit I had never thought about that before.

Maracas are also great. In fact, any kind of shaker. I have an egg shaker which I sometimes put in my hand as I strum guitar and it sounds awesome. People think you're barking mad, but they can't deny it sounds good.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ruedabeat wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:18 pm I don´t hear any 1964 Selectric typewriter at all. What I hear is a "teleprinter keyboard". :shock:

href="">
Ha ha!

Have you seen the videos from the guy with the duck that plays the bongos? Seriously, the duck has talent.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
tymime

Post by tymime »

I always thought it sounded like someone writing with a pencil, followed by a piece of paper being flipped over at the end of the verses.
Chroma63

Post by Chroma63 »

lol