Stereo Classics' Beatles Mixes (Lovely Rita)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RalseiDeltarune

Re: Stereo Classics' Beatles Mixes

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Sounds great, Garrett.

By the way, I'd also like to add that I love your Pet Sounds remix that you did back from 2019-2021.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

This is so great!
And, incidentally, I've always LOVED "Never Comes the Day!" Brilliant work on it!! (at the channel)
rhino

Post by rhino »

Very enjoyable!
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

Garrett,

Nice to see you back & working on new mixes. Keep up your good work.

Rog
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Thank you everyone!

So as promised, here is my new mix of "For No One", using the backing track supplied from the Revolver boxset, and I used the original stereo for the overdubs. Came out very well!

Also included are remasters of my stereo remixes of "Michelle" (Mogg remix) and "She's Leaving Home" (Strings from the Pepper boxset along with the Mogg). Although I was good at mixing in the past, my EQ skills were not, so these are pretty big improvements. I labeled them as 2023 Stereo Mix as such.

hxxps://we.tl/t-BTo5eqv23V

I would like to remaster the "Please Please Me" album. I always like the sound of the Please Please Me outtakes, where the isn't treble cut off so much (a more natural sound).

I just threw together a remaster of Anna as a proof of concept, using the 2009 remaster as my source (no other option), so I widened the stereo 10% to compensate for the narrowing done in 2009.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxa9I0VWkp1f4RkfhxwCBjoPtm0HwnNG/view?usp=share_link
Last edited by Garrett on Sat May 06, 2023 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
BTL1210

Re: Stereo Classics' Beatles Mixes (NEW For No One, Michelle, She's Leaving Home)

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you Garrett .....
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Stereo Classics' Beatles Mixes (NEW For No One, Michelle, She's Leaving Home)

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Brilliant mix of Taxman !!! thank you so much Garrett.
I already wrote this comment, it's not the time-signature of the song Taxman which makes me think of Pink Floyd's "Money", but the lyrics, and the "percussions" sounds almost like a cash-register; with a bombastic bass (love the ending by the way! way more than the album) it's as if the Beatles wrote "Money" before Pink Floyd.
Had the Beatles the idea to put some tape loop sof coins "dropping" and a cash register (in the same way it was done by using tape loops on Tomorrow Never Knows), this would have been another pre-rock-progressive (Tomorrow Never Knows was certainly an influence for Pink Floyd for Syncopated Pandemonium part from A Saucerful Of Secrets; and I'm even not talking about the seagulls sounds from Tomorrow Never Nows).

I'm also intrigued by your mixes of the Piper at The Gate Of Dawn since there is a Dolby Atmos out; so perhaps you used it ?

My ask you to please share in FLAC your remix of John's Double Fantasy (I found 3 songs, did you do Starting Over) ? :oops:
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much for these new mixes of yours, Garrett! 8-)
Ale.
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Wow--that "Anna" sounds very deep and true. What's the resolution of that file?
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You Garrett!!